Panthers get financial relief from Broward County tourist taxes

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Panthers seeking more money in new deal with the County:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/florida-panthers/fl-florida-panthers-arena-20151014-story.html

The comments at the bottom are pretty bad. I guess people don't realize that years of bad ownership/management and sub-par teams are responsible for the money losses more than anything else.
And good luck keeping the BB&T center afloat without a major sports tenant. Big concerts and events generally like to partner up for cross-promotion and advertising.

EDIT: I love GR...

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 29m29 minutes ago
George Richards Retweeted Dan Reilly
It's not your tax money unless you stay in a Broward hotel or rent a car at the airport.

Dan Reilly @hockeydan5
@GeorgeRichards @erlendssonTBO how can we vote against Id rather my tax money go to @TBLightning

Last edited:

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Very promising news. The scary part is that 2028 is actually somewhat in the near term future.

That will be in the downswing of the current young core's careers. If there's to be much hope they'll need to perform and make some fans in their time as Panthers.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Behind a paywall, can I get a cliff notes plz, this is good news though.

13 year deal, 8 year out clause
-Panthers will share expansion revenue with county
-86 million in county subsidies over 13 years from tourism tax
-Development land around arena goes to county now

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
13 year deal, 8 year out clause
-Panthers will share expansion revenue with county
-86 million in county subsidies over 13 years from tourism tax
-Development land around arena goes to county now

Ya I found it elsewhere, I really don't like the terms of the outclause, but 8 years of Panthers hockey guaranteed baby

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Well that's interesting that they gave up the development rights. They will likely sell or lease the land to an outside concern to develop it if a DRC is approved or a developer could just decide to do a retail/entertainment project. Looks like the Seminoles have won another battle to keep a DRC out of Broward County for the time being.

Owning an airline takes deep pockets, and I think Viola wants to give it his best shot at developing Eastern into a formidable Commercial Airline in the next 5 years.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
This thread should be bigger, we are going to have 7 more years of Panthers hockey (assuming this passes, sounds extremely rpomising) It's honestly the best news for the franchise in a long, long time.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I am sure that was figure boosted by last years elimination of the free tickets, those things drove parking, concourse and arena based revenues.

flpanthers10

NHL to LAS VEGAS
Dec 24, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Guys can someone tell me if the Panthers make a percentage of the money from concessions purchased during Panthers games? I know they keep the parking revenue, but I have always been curious about other game day revenue streams that they also receive.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
This was posted on the main business board but below is a link to the reports that Broward county is mulling over currently. These include detailed financial analysis and expose some very interesting info that is tough to get a hold of when it comes to understanding Panther's finances.

http://www.broward.org/Commission/Me.../Calendar.aspx

One interesting stat was the number of full season ticket holders:

2014-2015: 5,226

2015-2016: 7,812

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
This was posted on the main business board but below is a link to the reports that Broward county is mulling over currently. These include detailed financial analysis and expose some very interesting info that is tough to get a hold of when it comes to understanding Panther's finances.

http://www.broward.org/Commission/Me.../Calendar.aspx

One interesting stat was the number of full season ticket holders:

2014-2015: 5,226

2015-2016: 7,812

They did say before the season started, there was an increase of season ticket holders. Hopefully, that number increases by another couple of thousand next season!

flomarilius

May 23, 2011
Miami, FL
Does anybody notice that there are more tickets now available on the secondary market this year? This can't be a coincidence right?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
12/8/15: Panthers vs Broward County

I was busy so I couldn't post this before

I'll make it a gdt on Tuesday :laugh:

Keeping it light because this is pretty much a done deal, if something unforeseen happens the mood will change quickly. I'm just curious to see the $$$ distribution.

It's a huge day for the franchise, and should hopefully be a rare great day to be a Panthers fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad