GDT: Panthers @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Hence why today's practice is being focused on 5v5 RUSHING, I imagine.

And Green alluded to this how the Devils players had issues making the passes and receiving them.

I mean...how many times have we seen attempted tape-to-tape passes that either were just ahead of the player (out of reach), behind the player, or hit the player in the skates leading to a turnover?

Those are the differences that play just as big a role as our Goaltending.
Why don't I have a button that says "Nail It?" If I had one I would use it for what glenwo2 posted about NJ Devils passing vs. our Goaltending.

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
FYI.. Because of rumors: Boston Bruins goalie:
Devils are after Ullmark. This could be Fitz putting pressure on the Flames because the negotiations have stalled with Markstrom.

Linus Ullmark sign a 4 yr contract in 2021 for $20M with a $3M signing bonus. He has a No Trade Clause with half of the NHL Teams 16. In the '24-25 his final year of the contract his teams on his No Trade List reduces to 15 teams. To get Ullmark now or next season the Devils will have to offer a big trade package to the Bruins.

Jeremy Swayman went into arbitration last season. He wanted $4.8M/yr, the Bruins offered $2M and Swayman got $3.475M. He is currently on a one year contract ending this season. Boston is trying to extend him. I believe he is a FA next year. I am not sure where Swayman's head is at regarding the Bruins and extending he was unhappy after the arbitration like so many players.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad