GDT: Panthers @ Canadiens - 3/19/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
A dream scenario would be to get a big lead early. Then they could cut down on some of these minutes to some of the top players. Hellacious schedule coming up. Lots of games in a short time span.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
If there is anything we've seen it's that schedules don't matter. Anyone can lose or win against anyone.

They do though. Florida plays Ottawa and Montreal. CBJ plays in Boston. NJD plays in SJ, Pit, and home to Tampa. It's realistic to expect Florida to win and to get some help here. That's why I haven't waved the white flag yet. If Florida wins today and tomorrow, they can still stay afloat.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
They do though. Florida plays Ottawa and Montreal. CBJ plays in Boston. NJD plays in SJ, Pit, and home to Tampa. It's realistic to expect Florida to win and to get some help here. That's why I haven't waved the white flag yet. If Florida wins today and tomorrow, they can still stay afloat.

It's been the reverse so far though. We lost against Ottawa and Edmonton and NJD beat LA and Nashville.

I don't know what's realistic anymore at this point.

IMO it's just a matter of staying hot. For us it's getting quality goaltending.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
It's been the reverse so far though. We lost against Ottawa and Edmonton and NJD beat LA and Nashville.

I don't know what's realistic anymore at this point.

IMO it's just a matter of staying hot. For us it's getting quality goaltending.

Strength of schedule matters very little in the NHL. It really is close to a coinflip in most matchups. Even the best team vs the worst team in the NHL is a 60/40 probability with middle teams being even closer to 50/50. It's that small extra edge over a long 82 game season that separates teams to the extent you see in the standings. So you're right, small 1 game samples mean very little.

That being said, I'm talking about the NHL in general. For us, tonight is a must-win. Montreal can hardly be considered an NHL team right now and we cannot lose to them.

Reactions: Kellyr

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Need a big night from the bottom 6 so Boughner won't mess with these lines WHEN we win. A loss to half of MTL and I think we will be in for some good post game comments....

Be physical and be fast, shoot ON net and be prepared the whole period, not 10mins into it.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I am putting Huberdeau on notice.

Anything short of a big game for him tonight is unacceptable. He is hella due.

Need this. Gotta calm out determined.

giphy.gif

Bennie Aggy

Oct 26, 2017
Just watched the replay. He shot that into the goalies chest. Great job buddy!! Just another missed opportunity.

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
This is probably why Haley should be on the line-up.

Deslauriers is a f***ing monkey

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Why is Ekblad fighting? freakin hell.

The worst part about this is now Boughner is gonna dress Haley to fight a guy that wasnt in this game :confused:

PC76

Aug 24, 2016
That graphic on Capt Mac. Less than 10 points per season for his 15 year career.

He’s our captain? Fourth line center?
Sorry that was a big mistake. Hope they fix that next season. Don’t care about character, the captain needs to set the tone with his play. Out guy averages what 10-11 minutes per game mostly on the PK? Minus 8 for the season? Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad