GDT: Panthers at Red Wings | March 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Trick to beat this is to just make the playoffs. EZ-mode for defeating a Tkachuk.
Ottawa absolutely fell off a cliff after Brady looked like Gordon Howe for 2 games against us.

Something about us… maybe their Dad bred them to hate the Wings…. Wouldn’t put it past him.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Dear NHL,

I just want to watch your f***ing hockey games. I'll even pay money to do it.

Please stop making it so hard.

All my love,
SoupGuru
Once upon a time, the music industry figured out how to make it easier to pay for content than not to.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
This team just doesn't play with any kind of sandpaper. They lose so, so many battles. And it's not that they don't have an enforcer or something, it's that the high talent guys don't engage in that stuff. Larkin only plays physical when he's mad. Raymond doesn't even know what that is. Seider hasn't had a big hit in a while now.
Guys like Erne can bang bodies out there and raise the temp but no one else follows up with it or feeds off the energy.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Yeah, all we need is for a our prized rookie defenseman to get Gudas'd to end his season.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Good check by Gudas…for once.

I get the retaliation roughing, but it’s not like Gudas didn’t rough Veleno back.

Refs trying to control the game with the retaliation penalty and missing the fact that one team still did more illegal things than the other lol

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Good check by Gudas…for once.

I get the retaliation roughing, but it’s not like Gudas didn’t rough Veleno back.

Refs trying to control the game with the retaliation penalty and missing the fact that one team still did more illegal things than the other lol

Dirty hit by Gudas. Anytime you finish at the knees its a scummy
hit.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Luckily Ed didn't appear to have his weight on the leg that got Gudas'd, otherwise may have been season over.

Hit wasn't flat out dirty, but I wouldn't call it clean either. Especially given that it was Gudas.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Luckily Ed didn't appear to have his weight on the leg that got Gudas'd, otherwise may have been season over.

Hit wasn't flat out dirty, but I wouldn't call it clean either. Especially given that it was Gudas.

Considering it was Gudas, I assume that he was aiming at the knee, but watching it back, it just looked worse than it probably was.

I don’t fault Veleno for reacting the way he did. I still have a problem with officiating thinking that calling the retaliatory penalty is controlling the game.

It’s a get out of jail free card for a team that doesn’t deserve to be let off free.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
When you do those O-zone wraparounds, is it positional or timing or both?

Teach me?
Mainly positional. Defending players are ill-advised to go all the way to the edges of the zone, lest they create pockets for the attacking team to get to and generate scoring chances.

But timing is certainly part of it. The defenders will of course be opportunistic and pin a guy/puck to initiate a board battle given enough time.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Edvinsson is just going to have to protect himself if he activates through open ice like that. 6’6 and his weight right now is very giraffe like. His knees are going to be exposed for hits through the mid-body.

Remember, Gudas is 6’0, Edvinsson is 6’6. If Gudas compacts his frame to brace for a big hit, it’s gonna be lower than we would like to see

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Mainly positional. Defending players are ill-advised to go all the way to the edges of the zone, lest they create pockets for the attacking team to get to and generate scoring chances.

But timing is certainly part of it. The defenders will of course be opportunistic and pin a guy/puck to initiate a board battle given enough time.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad