GDT: Panthers at Oilers: How are we still Winning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
per rotoworld

Nick Bjugstad registered his first career fighting major in Sunday's win over Edmonton.
Bjugstad also picked up the instigator and a misconduct for his tussle with Eric Gryba, so his night ended early with 17 minutes in penalties. He jumped in to stick up for teammate Corbin Knight and was honored by his teammates with the Spacey In Space sweater at the end of the match.

Pretty sure it didn't end his night.

Misconduct not a match penalty.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
That game got out of hand fast. I never expected anything like that. The refs should be talked to after that showing. I thought they should have started by giving both Nurse and Huberdeau roughing penalties to begin with. They just sat there fighting and wrestling for 15 seconds. Wtf was that? The game just got out of control after that imo.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Hendricks to have a phone hearing with NHL today.

-ghoste

I wonder if he'll say:

"Hey... They were physical, and we've been a soft team for years ! I thought running at their top-guy, after my teammates didn't move when Hall got smoke, I thought it would be a good idea, it would be correct... But I didn't do it on purpose... I mean, I got the thumbs up, you know..."

:shakehead

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
That game got out of hand fast. I never expected anything like that. The refs should be talked to after that showing. I thought they should have started by giving both Nurse and Huberdeau roughing penalties to begin with. They just sat there fighting and wrestling for 15 seconds. Wtf was that? The game just got out of control after that imo.

Agree, I was sitting there thinking when they would call some penalties on those two...but they just ignored it. I truly blame the ref's for loosing control of the game completely. I mean, how could Oilers not even get ONE minor?

I was ready for a loss actually, but during the 2nd period I really hoped Panthers would hold out and get the W. Thankfully they did! That was probably one of the ugliest games of the season so far. :shakehead Although the 2-0 goal was a beauty. :) So glad Oilers tactics did not win and they looked to run out of gas in the end coupled with Panthers shutting them down very well. Loved the clean hit on Hall, seemed to take him out of his game completely. He was probably their best player up until that point.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Agree, I was sitting there thinking when they would call some penalties on those two...but they just ignored it. I truly blame the ref's for loosing control of the game completely. I mean, how could Oilers not even get ONE minor?

I was ready for a loss actually, but during the 2nd period I really hoped Panthers would hold out and get the W. Thankfully they did! That was probably one of the ugliest games of the season so far. :shakehead Although the 2-0 goal was a beauty. :) So glad Oilers tactics did not win and they looked to run out of gas in the end coupled with Panthers shutting them down very well. Loved the clean hit on Hall, seemed to take him out of his game completely. He was probably their best player up until that point.

It's easy, the refs wanted the streak to end. Surprise the first Oilers goal didn't stay a goal after the challenge.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
It all started with the hit on Knight from Gryba, a guy who has already been suspended by the league. This 230 lb idiot made sure he put his full weight behind a check in an effort to compress Knights head with the glass. I luv watching the beat down that Reaves gave him on video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jzPnsqJnBY), but obviously he is a guy who is going to continue to play on the edge which will result in further concussions down the line for unsuspecting opponents.

Of course Bjugstad gets an instigator and misconduct. In between there were at least 2 high sticking penalties by the Oilers that were just ignored by the refs. The coup de gras was the blatant charging by Hendricks which was not called, followed by the Campbell cross check to Hendricks (not called), then Shaw going after Hendricks ala the same as Bjugstad did against Gryba. Unbelievably they both just get 5 for fighting after this whole sequence. Hendricks should have received a 5 minute major for charging with intent to injure and a game misconduct. Talk about inconsistency and favoritism.

This whole officiating crew should be suspended by the league for promoting a game atmosphere conducive to serious adversarial repercussions in their next meeting. They are an embarrassment to the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad