GDT: Panthers at Flames: Why do they hate us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I suppose I was a little harsh on the guy as he didn't have much help from his linemates last night. The D was also terrible with breakout passes, pinching, joining the rush, and general overall play. I think a chimp could do better than 20% in the circle, so I don't buy the experience excuse unless he was 40 to 45 most nights.

Its more plausible than a contract negotiation being a cause

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Its more plausible than a contract negotiation being a cause
I suppose, but that's why many athletes refuse to negotiate a new contract during the season. It just lends itself as a distraction and causes a player to lose focus from the task at hand.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
ehhh..... it's the exact same date last season we lost to Pegs 8-2

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
While this loss was predicted and people are pissed. It's not just this loss. We've been bad the whole road trip and last couple games at home. We've just been getting really great goaltending and lucky goals. Now it's time to show up and show were not frauds

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I was gonna post before game but I predicted a 7-0 loss.. told my buddy before the game that's what I expected... the mental and emotional drain from ending a 12 game win streak coupled with the physical drain of this long of a road trip woukd have killed any team...this was very much expected as was the last few games of fairly poor play... good teams find a way to win when they aren't playing good which is exactly what this team has done this year... that why at the start of the year I wasn't worried because they were still playing 500 hockey while not even close to playing up to their potential... I would even expect a lull for the next couple games yet... they need a bit of a reset before getting back to the grind of this part of the season... partied with the jagrs after the game last night tho.. lol was fun

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I was gonna post before game but I predicted a 7-0 loss.. told my buddy before the game that's what I expected... the mental and emotional drain from ending a 12 game win streak coupled with the physical drain of this long of a road trip woukd have killed any team...this was very much expected as was the last few games of fairly poor play... good teams find a way to win when they aren't playing good which is exactly what this team has done this year... that why at the start of the year I wasn't worried because they were still playing 500 hockey while not even close to playing up to their potential... I would even expect a lull for the next couple games yet... they need a bit of a reset before getting back to the grind of this part of the season... partied with the jagrs after the game last night tho.. lol was fun

Man, if we lose the next couple of games, it is going to be a full blown meltdown here. You will get the usual candidates saying tank for Matthews!

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Bjugstad needs to start playing like Bjugstad again. Haven't seen him do a thing since before the winning streak. Idc what line he's on. He's good enough to chip in on any line. He used to be our most consistent player. Now he's far from it.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Yeah Bjugstad needs to stop looking so invisible out there and start chipping in. I fully support a little shakeup with him on the wing and Knight at center.

We also need to stop benching our fastest player in Howden and use him on the PK once and a while to create some shorthanded breaks. I was annoyed that the Flames were skating circles around us while Howden sits on the bench.

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006

lol that is awesome you got to party with the jagrs.. got any photos?

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
I will never forget my first live Panthers game. Was like 1-2 sections away from the Jagrs. That was cool I guess.

My entire family consisted of Flames fans. RIP me.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
Bjugstad needs to start playing like Bjugstad again. Haven't seen him do a thing since before the winning streak. Idc what line he's on. He's good enough to chip in on any line. He used to be our most consistent player. Now he's far from it.

bjugstad has never been consistent in his career. He is a streaky player.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Knight is staying up for the foreseeable future as far as I know. Team is happy with how he's playing. Shane Harper could be next apparently...

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Whoa, whos goin down?

BOLLAND?

No, I'm saying when the next call-up occurs (meaning with a person sent the other way at the same time), Harper could be next on the list. So if Knight or Shaw starts to suck and gets sent down, Harper could be the one to replace one of them.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
No, I'm saying when the next call-up occurs (meaning with a person sent the other way at the same time), Harper could be next on the list. So if Knight or Shaw starts to suck and gets sent down, Harper could be the one to replace one of them.

Surprised it's not Rau. Though if we get the luxury for post clinch garbage games I hope they let him get his first taste of the NHL.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Surprised it's not Rau. Though if we get the luxury for post clinch garbage games I hope they let him get his first taste of the NHL.

I'm sure Rau's up there, but they probably wanna give him more time...hasn't even had a full season in the AHL yet.

Harper has been biding his time in the AHL, very deserving of a shot in the NHL...hasn't played a game in the league yet...looked very good in preseason and was one of the final cuts.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008

That's actually a good point... I feel like that would exactly what Bjugstad needs to get back into his groove. That and getting away from Pirri.

I'd LOVE a line of Howden-Bjugstad-Rau

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I was afraid thats what you mean. Stop leading me on Bat. I'm gonna unfollow you

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I was afraid thats what you mean. Stop leading me on Bat. I'm gonna unfollow you

Hey, he deserves a chance just like everyone else and maybe even moreso than the guys we've called up thus far. He scored 32 goals in the AHL last year which was good for 3rd in the league. He seems to be a bit more of a playmaker this year than last year, but he's still got offensive ability. He reminds me a lot of Jussi Jokinen in that he makes players around him better, can play in pretty much any situation, and is a reliable two way player. I could see him playing on the 3rd line with Bjugstad...he's an underrated playmaker so maybe that would help Bjugs. He's on pace for about 55 points in 76 games which would be his best season after 50 points last season.

:)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Hey, he deserves a chance just like everyone else and maybe even moreso than the guys we've called up thus far. He scored 32 goals in the AHL last year which was good for 3rd in the league. He seems to be a bit more of a playmaker this year than last year, but he's still got offensive ability. He reminds me a lot of Jussi Jokinen in that he makes players around him better, can play in pretty much any situation, and is a reliable two way player. I could see him playing on the 3rd line with Bjugstad...he's an underrated playmaker so maybe that would help Bjugs.

:)

But i thought you had Bolland movement :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad