GDT: Panthers at Flames: Why do they hate us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Fun fact, this game was played on the 1 year anniversary of the 8-2 Jets loss.

Oh boy.. We been bad the last 5 games+. So far the goaltending has bailed out and we got couple lucky goal every game. Not tonight. I'm not sure do we have a combined 100 shots on goal in those last 5 games. This is very troubling. Absolutely no effort or structure tonight. I thought this team was ready to take the next step.... seems not.. expecially in a game like this (gallant at mom's funeral, getting outplayed all over the ice) you'd think they'd give all that is left but its looked like every other game lately. The way the team just parted like the red sea on some of those goals.

I would say the next few games will determine are we gonna make the playoffs or not. If they can't respond after this ass whipping and continue showing up with effort were back to square one.

I don't care to hear there tired because road trip. Good teams win no matter what or at least show up

I expected this game to go down like this..... and that's the Panthers fan from pre-december that made me feel like that.. he's been crawling back this january... :cry:

For as much as I think this team has overachieved and are not nearly as good as their record, it's going to be pretty difficult to miss the playoffs. They have to play really poor hockey to miss.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Could not see this game but 6-0 that is brutal.. Old Panthers back?

The Flames made them look slow. They moved the puck quickly with skill and precision. They attacked the entire game and never took their foot off the gas. The cats had no answer for them and struggled to do anything. It literally seemed like Calgary had 10 men on the ice. Every shot and pass was contested.

It was a great effort and dismantling of the Panthers by the Flames. The cats have to forget about this one.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
ImperfectShamelessAmericanshorthair.gif

At least WE know how to eat a hot dog. #moralvictory

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
this was our first regulation loss in ages, sucks they lost that badly but its the same thing in the standings as a 1-2 loss. the only one thing I'm worried about is ekblad, with everyone healthy as we were i feel like we could give any team a run for their money, but without ekblad I'm not nearly as confident. win 12 in a row, without ekblad for 2 games and we've now lost both games, and against struggling teams who were definitely beatable.
theres still 5 games left before the all-star break, 2 against a divisional rival in tampa, we don't want them to gain ground on us, a tough matchup against chicago, and then the oilers again and toronto who we should bury both.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Hopefully it was just the 3 games in 4 nights funk. Seemed a lot of bad breaks too. At least it was against a western opponent.

-ghoste

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL

EstConf96*

Hopefully it was just the 3 games in 4 nights funk. Seemed a lot of bad breaks too. At least it was against a western opponent.

-ghoste

I sure hope so or we will crash and burn out of playoff position fast and be right back into the wildcard trench warfare.

"98% chance of making the playoffs" I love those odds but we are still talking about the Panthers if any team can find a way it's this one.

Need Ekblad and fast back.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
What is their playoff math now?

Over the last 4 full seasons, the point total has never been more than +/- 3 double what it was at the half way point. Currently 8th place is projected to have 92 points, so between 89 at best and 95 at worst gets you in. Florida has 57 points so they need 38 points from 38 games, an 82 point pace. There are currently only 5 teams not averaging 82 points. Florida just has to not be one of the 5 worst teams in the league and they're in.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/Florida.html

98% chance of making the playoffs, it only dropped 1.2% from last night's results, helped by the fact that Boston and Ottawa both lost in regulation as well, so no ground lost.

Minimum record for 100% guaranteed playoffs right now looks like: 19-16-3

I know that's a statistics website but 8th place requiring 98 points this year in the east is a worst case scenario, considering it's 92 now and the data shows things don't change by much in the second half over the last half decade.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Oh boy.. We been bad the last 5 games+. So far the goaltending has bailed out and we got couple lucky goal every game. Not tonight. I'm not sure do we have a combined 100 shots on goal in those last 5 games. This is very troubling. Absolutely no effort or structure tonight. I thought this team was ready to take the next step.... seems not.. expecially in a game like this (gallant at mom's funeral, getting outplayed all over the ice) you'd think they'd give all that is left but its looked like every other game lately. The way the team just parted like the red sea on some of those goals.

I would say the next few games will determine are we gonna make the playoffs or not. If they can't respond after this ass whipping and continue showing up with effort were back to square one.

I don't care to hear there tired because road trip. Good teams win no matter what or at least show up

I expected this game to go down like this..... and that's the Panthers fan from pre-december that made me feel like that.. he's been crawling back this january... :cry:

FFS! Every team has bad losses. No team will win all 82 games. This loss was coming. It happens to all teams. We're top of the Atlantic, and even if we play .500 hockey we will still make the playoffs! Quite a few here didn't expect us to make the playoffs. Look at the big picture, and we're overall doing really well.

Also, Ottawa, Boston and Toronto all lost yesterday!

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
FFS! Every team has bad losses. No team will win all 82 games. This loss was coming. It happens to all teams. We're top of the Atlantic, and even if we play .500 hockey we will still make the playoffs! Quite a few here didn't expect us to make the playoffs. Look at the big picture, and we're overall doing really well.

Also, Ottawa, Boston and Toronto all lost yesterday!

One of these is not like the other :sarcasm:

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Fun fact, this game was played on the 1 year anniversary of the 8-2 Jets loss.

For as much as I think this team has overachieved and are not nearly as good as their record, it's going to be pretty difficult to miss the playoffs. They have to play really poor hockey to miss.

I don't find that fact to be very fun! lol

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
We lose one game badly, and suddenly we suck, not going to make the playoffs, etc. etc.

Get a grip! We're top of the Atlantic. We're going to have bad games. We're going to have losing streaks.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
They're probably mentally drained from the run. A little tired on the road, teams bringing their A game against us. If they don't play well on Sunday, they will definitely wake up for the Monday game.

No reason to be concerned yet.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Welp, that sucked. I'd say everybody on the team ****ed up at least 3 times. That was the worse game they played all season.
I see a interesting little angle to it though, let them get it all out of their system. After a long winning streak, come back down a little bit with these last 2 games. Like a pressure release valve. And then come back refocused and ready to play in 3 days.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Crumple it up and toss er out. On to the next one.

I think this upcoming home stand will give us a good idea of whether this team will be a serious contender for the division or not.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Sucks we lost, but it's just one game. Yeah we got blown out but it was bound to happen eventually.

It just goes to show you how important Ekblad is. 2 games out, 2 losses.

I think even when he gets back we need to bring in another defenseman through trade. Petro was a -4 and Kampfer has not played well. I know he's been out for a while and there's bound to be rust but he looks pretty rough.

Use Pirri to acquire a 3rd pairing D-man. He does absolutely nothing for me.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Hopefully this isn't the only time they get hot this year. Next time at the end of the regular season!

To be fair, they had a 5 game winning streak before the 12 game one, so we know they're capable of great things.

I think it all just got to them, time, energy, travel, etc. really caught up with them. They'll have a chance to rest some now before Sunday (I'm going to that game in Tampa).

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
To be fair, they had a 5 game winning streak before the 12 game one, so we know they're capable of great things.

Sure. Also a valuable experience for the guys.

My point kind of was if they go on a cold streak or even just play .500 hockey for a while, hopefully they get hot at the end of the year the same way did during the streak!

ebulldog

Mar 25, 2015
Listening to NHL radio today and its almost as if Sam Bennett has been reborn into Gretzky! He had a great game against a tired team ready to go home. Getting a bit ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad