Confirmed with Link: Panthers acquire Frank Vatrano for 2018 3rd

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
I have no idea how he will work out in FLA but I do know that he was never really slotted correctly this season when he played due to some very good young players overtaking him. He is a shooter and not a 4th line checker as he was used in Boston.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
His highlights look great, he has a really good shot. Pair him with someone who can get him the puck and he could put up some numbers.

I was actually looking at him briefly the last week I think when I saw his name on the TSN trade bait board. I remembered that he was a goal per game in the AHL one year.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Kinda feel the same way as batting. Not sure about giving up a 3rd for him but we’ll see what happens I guess.

Glad we got someone at forward at least.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Fine with the move. Probably the biggest trade we'll have up to the TDL.
Need shooters and bought low.

A 3rd rounder for a bottom pair defenseman? I don't know, maybe

We got a 2nd and a prospect from our last bottom pair defenseman.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Would have preferred we paid a 2nd + mid level for Grabner and re-signed him to work up and down the lineup.

Would have used this 3rd on another goalie prospect but let's give him a shot and trade Vrbata for 3rd so we can do that.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Would have preferred we paid a 2nd + mid level for Grabner and re-signed him to work up and down the lineup.

Would have used this 3rd on another goalie prospect but let's give him a shot and trade Vrbata for 3rd so we can do that.

There is no way Grabner comes back. Remember Tallon lost him for nothing being stupid

Bobblebee

Formerly Optimus Reim
Dec 22, 2015
B.C.
It's something. I don't mind losing that third. Although I can already tell that third will turn into a Elite 1st line LW.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Really liked this kid in Boston and Providence: he’s got wheels, a ++ shot, and a great attitude (always up and doesn’t sulk like R Smith). Hope he does well for you guys.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
There is no way Grabner comes back. Remember Tallon lost him for nothing being stupid

Give him Bjugstad money for 3-4 years and he will. We lost him through waivers no? What was his stat line when he was waived?

Fun fact, we got Grabner, S. Bernier and the 25th pick in 2010 which turned out to be Howden for Ballard and Oreskovich

Last edited:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Tom Rowe was an idiot, snakebit yes, but Smitty was every bit as good last year than the season prior, and even better this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad