Post-Game Talk: Panthers 3 Sens 2 These go to 11 (somehow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
The shot disparities the last few games have been concerning, and without really looking, I'd imagine our shooting % is a decent higher than what it normally would be. I hate to be negative nancy, but I am starting to wonder when this is going to crash down, and hard.

Our scoring chances have been extremely high quality opps. Barkov had a layup and Trocheck had a shot in a prime area.

Roberto was very good tonight and our best player but he didn't have to make really any second chance saves. He also could see everything.

I think our problem has been faceoffs. It hurts our possession time which hurts our shots for and shots against.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
That was a 4 point game for us. I could care less about winning the division. I want to ensure we make the playoffs. Knocking off teams fighting for wildcard spot are huge.

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
Our scoring chances have been extremely high quality opps. Barkov had a layup and Trocheck had a shot in a prime area.

Roberto was very good tonight and our best player but he didn't have to make really any second chance saves. He also could see everything.

I think our problem has been faceoffs. It hurts our possession time which hurts our shots for and shots against.
could not agree more need to improve on the faceoffs in a big way.

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
If we could get that damn PP fixed

Part of it is losing too many faceoffs.

Early in the season when you had Barkov - Bjugstad - Jagr with Hurberdeau and Ekblad, the powerplay was very good. Bjugstad was winning a fair share of his faceoffs.

If there is one glaring weakness in Barkov's game which is preventing him from being in the same discussion as the Bergerons, Kopitars and Datsyuks as a Selke worthy forward is him being poor at winning draws.

That is a very big issue, they spend half the time chasing the puck and trying to get set up. Also having Bjugstad allows Huberdeau and Jagr to do more of what they are good, creating spacing and finding the open man. When Bjugstad was on the PP, Ekblad was contributing more and Jagr was being more of a facilitator.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
daqsj.gif

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Nice to be on the other side of a game against the senators where the dominant team picks up a L

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Barkov: "easy goal for me, empty net".

Hahahaha.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Part of it is losing too many faceoffs.

Early in the season when you had Barkov - Bjugstad - Jagr with Hurberdeau and Ekblad, the powerplay was very good. Bjugstad was winning a fair share of his faceoffs.

If there is one glaring weakness in Barkov's game which is preventing him from being in the same discussion as the Bergerons, Kopitars and Datsyuks as a Selke worthy forward is him being poor at winning draws.

That is a very big issue, they spend half the time chasing the puck and trying to get set up.

Very true. Barkov has to get better at faceoffs and I'm sure he will be training those a lot next off-season.

Overall losing faceoffs is one of the big reasons we have awful possesion. Lately been noticing were rushing our play up the ice more than before. We've been so calm to come out of the zone and connect a pass not just bank it off the boards or go for idiotic passes

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
could not agree more need to improve on the faceoffs in a big way.

We did win the most mportant FO of the game. Under a min left in the Sens end. Barky won, help from Hubie, gave us possession for the rest of the game pretty much.

FO's tonight:

Barky 4 for 15
Bjugs 4 for 10
Hubie 0 for 1
Knight 1 for 6
MacK 5 for 7
Pirri 0 for 3
Shaw 1 for 1
Tro 4 for 11

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
We did win the most mportant FO of the game. Under a min left in the Sens end. Barky won, help from Hubie, gave us possession for the rest of the game pretty much.

FO's tonight:

Barky 4 for 15
Bjugs 4 for 10
Hubie 0 for 1
Knight 1 for 6
MacK 5 for 7
Pirri 0 for 3
Shaw 1 for 1
Tro 4 for 11

Mac once again :handclap:

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

FO's tonight:

Barky 4 for 15
Bjugs 4 for 10
Hubie 0 for 1
Knight 1 for 6
MacK 5 for 7
Pirri 0 for 3
Shaw 1 for 1
Tro 4 for 11

Knight has really fallen off.

MacKenzie again showing his worth.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Very true. Barkov has to get better at faceoffs and I'm sure he will be training those a lot next off-season.

Overall losing faceoffs is one of the big reasons we have awful possesion. Lately been noticing were rushing our play up the ice more than before. We've been so calm to come out of the zone and connect a pass not just bank it off the boards or go for idiotic passes
Yup. 35-19 faceoff loss tonite.

But, they're just so dominant, it's all so easy, they're losing faceoffs deliberately to even things up.

It's the new socially responsible hockey style. Everyone needs a handout here and there.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
It's pretty dumb to complain about an 11 game win streak, but I've seen the quality of play drop off the past three games. Got outshot tonight, at Buffalo, against the Wild and against NYR.

Winning is quite enjoyable, but it's not like the Panthers have been going out and wrecking other teams. When was the last game they dominated from start to finish ?

We're still a young team on the upswing and dealing with inconsistent play. I hope band wagoners will stick around when the streak ends because it will happen. As a whole this season has been highly entertaining.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
FOs and the PP are really playing into the reason why we are seeing less puck possession, and shot differential. Not only that, but teams are now giving us their A+ game, wanting to be the team that ends the streak. It's going to happen eventually, but it doesn't mean we have to crash down hard. As long as we are a .500 team from here on out, we are going to the playoffs, and that's a great position to be in at the moment. So many years we were on the outside looking in, trying to fight for a spot late in the season. Now we are in first place of the division, and we control our own destiny. Enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad