Post-Game Talk: Panthers 3 Sens 2 These go to 11 (somehow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

prohockey

Jul 2, 2012
I like your analysis on Howden, Knight and Shaw and agree with you 100%. Would like to hear what you think about Grimaldi and his chances? You may know already my stance on him.

Good analysis, I think Howden resigns, Shaw and Knight get a one way contract, Grimaldi will be traded, he lost his value for this team others are outplaying him including Rau and Brickley. Rau will be the next t see NHL time over Grimaldi

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I like your analysis on Howden, Knight and Shaw and agree with you 100%. Would like to hear what you think about Grimaldi and his chances? You may know already my stance on him.

I know CHI's stance on Rocco:laugh: He's been quiet on that front of late but not familiar with yours. I think he could be dealt in a package at deadline/draft if he bottoms out as NHL 4th line. For now, I'm fine with him in the top 6 in the AHL. When Rocco has only hit 5/15% of Johnny Hockey's ceiling that dissapoints me. Rocco had solid college and US international run, but not translating to NHL thus far. One to two more cracks with the Panthers, then you call it off if no pulse.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
I'm not closing the book on Grimaldi until he gets top 6 minutes. I wanna see him get a chance to play a scoring role.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'm not closing the book on Grimaldi until he gets top 6 minutes. I wanna see him get a chance to play a scoring role.

Yeah but the thing is, others have worked their way up the lines. It should be no different for him. He has to display much more smarts for the game than he has at this level so far.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Idk. Never been that high on Yandle.

Justin Williams though, really wish we got him.

So good for Washington

Rangers fans have been saying he's been their top player this year, and when I was watching the game I was thinking he could be a strong add to that blueline, 50+ point blueliner in his prime, puck possession beast and should make a great duo with Ekblad/Gudbranson.

Last edited:

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Idk. Never been that high on Yandle.

Justin Williams though, really wish we got him.

So good for Washington

I mentioned that before.

What about Yandle as a replacement for campbell (if we or he doesnt decide to resign?)

Players are probably quicker to forgive than the fans are.

While he is convincing skill wise and would be a good choice in this regard, he is one of those subtle dirty players who are always in the mix for trouble.

I'm one of the fans who did not forgive (especially that it was a major screw up by the refs and dept of player security, unbelievable that only JJ and Guds reacted). Nevertheless, he would indeed be a good addition

EDIT: just rewatched the video. Outrageous that there was no review or penalty. But would be good to have a guy on the team that gets away with everything...

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
While he is convincing skill wise and would be a good choice in this regard, he is one of those subtle dirty players who are always in the mix for trouble.

I'm one of the fans who did not forgive (especially that it was a major screw up by the refs and dept of player security, unbelievable that only JJ and Guds reacted). Nevertheless, he would indeed be a good addition

EDIT: just rewatched the video. Outrageous that there was no review or penalty. But would be good to have a guy on the team that gets away with everything...

Not when he is playing for the Panthers...:laugh:

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Good analysis, I think Howden resigns, Shaw and Knight get a one way contract, Grimaldi will be traded, he lost his value for this team others are outplaying him including Rau and Brickley. Rau will be the next t see NHL time over Grimaldi
If it was up to you guys, we would have traded all of our drafted players by now.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
If it was up to you guys, we would have traded all of our drafted players by now.

Seriously, we are now finally able to develop prospects properly. Having them cook in Portland and battle for call-ups is the right way to do it. In years past, they'd be forcibly up with the big club and we'd watch as they flounder.

In no way do I think Grimaldi can't help this hockey team in the future.

-ghoste

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Seriously, we are now finally able to develop prospects properly. Having them cook in Portland and battle for call-ups is the right way to do it. In years past, they'd be forcibly up with the big club and we'd watch as they flounder.

-ghoste

No doubt. There is absolutely nothing wrong with guys spending a few years in the AHL while working out the kinks and becoming a pro.

Ekblast

"We're still learning." -Coach Brunette.
Nov 9, 2002
Flori-duh
www.Reddit.com

-ghoste

I used to be a big Grimaldi fan boy and yes, I don't think he has a future with Florida. Better to unload him (to a team that can give him playing time), plus others, and some picks for a scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad