Prospect Info: Panthers 2018 Entry Draft Talk

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I think Panthers should take in first round winger like Brady Tkachuk. Later rounds Focus on D. If we dont get Dahlin which seems to be franchise player my opinion is take winger.
As of now, Thachuck is a top5 pick. If we somehow pick there, draft whoever's left of Zadina, Svechnikov, Tkachuck, Boqvist. After that, the top 10 is essentially all defencemen except Wahlstrom (and on occasion Veleno or Kupari).

Jokerit 16

Feb 8, 2018
Finland
Agree, but t this roster we should tank Still few years. After that we should be playoff team in near future. Hopefully Tallon wont trade Any Key players

Jokerit 16

Feb 8, 2018
Finland
So the season is over, only one game left. Who should Florida draft this year?

I think we should try to get Quinn Hughes. Speed and Can move puck quicly.

We should trade Masherin and try to move up. Most important thing is that not to trade Key players ( Barkov; Trotcheck ) Bjugstad Can go in my opinion.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
^Looks like we choose 15th. Should get a shot a decent defensive prospect.

Tallon will likely trade Mascherin's rights for a 3rd or 4th round pick. I thought he would garner a high 2nd but the more I read about him the more I think his prima dona attitude will make him less desirable. :)

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Ty Smith should be our pick ost underrated d in the draft does it all
If he's available.
Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina, Tkachuck, Wahlstrom all go top10. And then you have Boquist, Hughes, Dobson, Bouchard and Ty Smith as dmen who have all been ranked in the top10 before... Hopefully other teams will go for forwards instead and one of them is available when we pick.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i think one of kupari, ty smith, wilde, or denisenko will be our pick. the draft order never goes as planned so im really hoping someone like a wahlstrom somehow slips to 14th-15th with all the centers and D available.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
This season shows that speed, puck handling and awareness are the key attributes. The NHL has changed.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised at all if we traded down at the draft, the pack is pretty even after the first 5-7-ish.

Jokerit 16

Feb 8, 2018
Finland
As I mention earlier the game has changed to more speed and size is not necessary the issue anymore. Thats Why Quinton Hughes is the guy for Panthers. We should make some Good moves to get him.

Trade Buigstad could be one of the thing to get him...

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I saw we trade up and draft Barkov's little brother, Oliver.
oliver-wahlstrom-2018-6562.jpg

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Bouchard was my guy a couple months ago but now shifted towards my 2nd choice in Dobson, I see rumblings he could go top 5.

If we somehow got some lottery luck and got 7th-10th, would you dangle Mascherin + 3rd or maybe as high as 2019/2020 2nd to move up into the top 5?

Hoping Tallon gets a bit aggressive at the draft whether it's to move up to select a solid RD or through trade for a veteran RD with a 2019 1st + Pysyk + type trade.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Bouchard was my guy a couple months ago but now shifted towards my 2nd choice in Dobson, I see rumblings he could go top 5.

If we somehow got some lottery luck and got 7th-10th, would you dangle Mascherin + 3rd or maybe as high as 2019/2020 2nd to move up into the top 5?

Hoping Tallon gets a bit aggressive at the draft whether it's to move up to select a solid RD or through trade for a veteran RD with a 2019 1st + Pysyk + type trade.

Pretty sure you are picking 1, 2, 3 or 15. No other options unless you make a trade.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012

what do you mean 7th-10th? the lottery doesnt work that way.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
As I mention earlier the game has changed to more speed and size is not necessary the issue anymore. Thats Why Quinton Hughes is the guy for Panthers. We should make some Good moves to get him.

Trade Buigstad could be one of the thing to get him...
its very likely hughes could go top-5, or at least top-7 id imagine. it doesnt make sense for us to trade the assets it would take to move up that high.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Here is my short list:

Adam Boqvist
Joel Farrabee
Oliver Wahlstrom
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Rasmus Kupari
Vitaly Kravtsov
Quinn Hughes