Confirmed with Link: Palms and Zajac traded to Isles for 2021 1st, AJ Greer, Mason Jobst, 2022 conditional 4th

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Brian Boyle got 2's at the deadline lol, the only thing hindering Zajac's value was the fact he'd probably only waive his NTC for the Isles. But teams love guys like that at the deadline in a vaccum.

I don't know why everyone is pretending like this is a normal year. It isn't. Teams don't have cap room for Travis Zajac if they want to make other additions.

Reactions: TheGooseIsLoose

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Mason Jobst - a grand total of 5 goals and 8 assists with Bridgeport in 2019. 2 assists and 0 goals in 2020.

AJ Greer - 16 goals and 16 assists with the Colorado Eagles in 2019.

Reactions: mdj12784

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Brian Boyle got 2's at the deadline lol, the only thing hindering Zajac's value was the fact he'd probably only waive his NTC for the Isles. But teams love guys like that at the deadline in a vaccum.

I think deadline deals, in general, as weaker than even a couple of years ago and I think this year may be particularly worse as there isn’t as much financial bonus for going deep in the playoffs as normal.

There may actually be financial negatives if you win a round or two in the playoffs.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Mason Jobst - a grand total of 5 goals and 8 assists with Bridgeport in 2019. 2 assists and 0 goals in 2020.

AJ Greer - 16 goals and 16 assists with the Colorado Eagles in 2019.
They're useless. They won't ever be in a Devils lineup unless things have massively gone awry which at this point I suppose is more likely than not.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
This is fine. Trade in the division? I get it. But draft picks will be at a premium for the next couple of years with a flat cap. Palms wasn't going to get a first with is down year; Zajac at best was getting a 2nd with his 'solid' year.

And yes Zajac was previously a lifer but it's not like his number was getting retired here.

I know nothing about the prospects admittedly. Also I think this is a huge with for Lou and the Isles.

We gained an additional 1st rounder. This is a solid bargain chip.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
I knew it would be underwhelming. Should’ve traded Palms last year would’ve gotten a nice haul for em.

that pick is probably gonna be late as hell. Hopefully not though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad