Confirmed with Link: Palms and Zajac traded to Isles for 2021 1st, AJ Greer, Mason Jobst, 2022 conditional 4th

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Sad to see Travis go but on the other hand I think it's good that they are not wedded to him next season - he will be 36 and despite him having a scoring resurgence over the last month, there's a lot that's concerning in his game. He'll do fine as an Islander.

The two guys the Devils got back are just reserve list bodies, I doubt either one is here longer than this season unless Jobst is under contract for 2021-22.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Lol wow this is a crap return. You would think with lous fixation on former devils they could’ve got more. Who cares if it’s a first if it’s in the middle 20s lol. I rather have 2 seconds for that meh whatever

Absolutely not a crap return.

Palmieri wasnt getting a 1st by himself. And Zajac was probably gonna get a 3rd alone.

Combine the 2 and you get a 1st and a 4th.... Right on value.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Lol wow this is a crap return. You would think with lous fixation on former devils they could’ve got more. Who cares if it’s a first if it’s in the middle 20s lol. I rather have 2 seconds for that meh whatever

Palmieri wasn’t getting a first on his own, that’s the reality of it. We might be the only team that gets a first round pick for a rental package.

Reactions: My3Sons

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Value is good but I was hoping for some 20-22 year olds to plug into the lineup immediately in the kuokkanen mold.

Also trading away two great devils sucks man.

Reactions: My3Sons

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That's literally all we got though, a low first in a crappy draft and a bunch of lottery tickets. If we traded them in seperate deals we could have maybe gotten a 2 and prospect for Palm and a 3 for Zajac.

Doubtful.

Palms on his own returns a 2nd and one of those junk prospects most likely. Zajac the conditional pick we got plus another one of those junk prospects.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I will not root for the isles to succeed. Sorry, loyalty is to the team. I hope they get swept in round 1.
The worse they do the higher that pick is too. I’m now rooting for the islanders to lose the rest of their games somehow and miss the playoffs.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
f*** that condition...we need them to get bounced in rd1

That condition's not enough for me to root for the Isles lol, and if they do hit it they'll absolutely be picking their 2023 3rd to give to us cause Lou always drags it out to the end (exhibit A the Matteau penalty pick)

Reactions: Guttersniped

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Can't wait until we move Kulikov and Murray too without being able to re-sign either. Really icing a varsity high school team age wise

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm pretty bummed out about Zajac being traded. Palmieri is whatever and the return is fine.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Absolutely not a crap return.

Palmieri wasnt getting a 1st by himself. And Zajac was probably gonna get a 3rd alone.

Combine the 2 and you get a 1st and a 4th.... Right on value.

maybe to another team that’s fine but everyone know Lou has a thing for former devils. Eh whatever

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Doubtful.

Palms on his own returns a 2nd and one of those junk prospects most likely. Zajac the conditional pick we got plus another one of those junk prospects.

Brian Boyle got 2's at the deadline lol, the only thing hindering Zajac's value was the fact he'd probably only waive his NTC for the Isles. But teams love guys like that at the deadline in a vaccum.

Camille the Eel

Can't wait until we move Kulikov and Murray too without being able to re-sign either. Really icing a varsity high school team age wise
Definitely sorry we moved these guys for a pick. First who cares. I hoped we would use the assets to get a real player. We have too many picks. We've had too many of them.

Maybe Fitz will package a bunch of them for someone live and kicking right now. If not, I agree, the last thing we need is more promising adolescents year after year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad