Confirmed with Link: Palms and Zajac traded to Isles for 2021 1st, AJ Greer, Mason Jobst, 2022 conditional 4th

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Isles were the only place Zajac would waive to go to, I’m guessing, so the Devils got to add him to Palms to get to the 1st and they can still move Kulikov and/or Murray in another deal.

I might rather have a 2nd and 3rd round pick than a 1st in this years weird draft but it’s still a pretty good return if Zajac would only accept to LI.

I guess it’s the glass half full side of me but I see this years draft as having the potential to find a top 10 talent in the mid to late 20s of the 1st round more than normal years. Now you could also completely blow the pick but that’s any year. I’ll take the ammo and trust the scouts and them doing their homework.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I know it doesn't usually happen but if Zajac doesn't retire after this year I can only imagine he either circles back to us or signs with the Isles. I would absolutely love to have him back.

Reactions: devilsblood

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Lol wow this is a crap return. You would think with lous fixation on former devils they could’ve got more. Who cares if it’s a first if it’s in the middle 20s lol. I rather have 2 seconds for that meh whatever

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
It would be a lot easier to accept losing Zajac if the return wasn't so mediocre. I know people always say this and it never happens, but I really hope he comes back in free agency

Reactions: devilsblood

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We got a first, I do not want to see any complaints here. Neither of these guys are apart of our future plans and we have players waiting in the wings who could turn out to be more productive.

That's literally all we got though, a low first in a crappy draft and a bunch of lottery tickets. If we traded them in seperate deals we could have maybe gotten a 2 and prospect/pick for Palm and at least a 3 for Zajac, maybe another 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad