Rumor: Pagnotta/4th Period- Canucks had a trade in place for Myers and a contract offer ready for Klingberg, NTCs got in the way possibly in Myers trade.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Pagnotta on Sportsnet 650 yesterday says he heard that the Canucks had a trade for Myers ready to go but it got held up for some reason at the very last minute, Canucks were about to use the cap space from the trade to sign Klingberg.

Is this the possible hold up with Klingberg? is Vancouver his #1 spot he wants to be in and he is waiting for them to move salary either Myers or Miller trade?

Could the nixed deal for Myers be with the Islanders? Friedman and many insiders reported that Van and NYI were close to a deal and of course that hit the fan at the very last second... Perhaps Myers refused to waive to go to Isles?

Others have reported something similar the last few days.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
myers wasn’t going to the iskand. Thry need to lose cap space, not gain it.

iskanders have bern one if the teams looking at Kadri so they need to open up space and they have 2 young D they need to sign

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
All BS. These guys know nothing.

Irf i believe was the one that first reported on draft day that the Isles and Canucks were very close to a trade, then Friedman jumped in.

He has connections

Probably Islanders, with the way Lou pivoted to another defenseman.

I agree,

Maybe something like

13th and Beuvaullier

for

15th and Myers

Then Canucks sign Klingberg at free agency

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
But if Klingberg is willing to sign for 6 million or maybe slightly above, why has some other team not swooped in on this? Klingberg loves Vancouver?

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Don't see why Canucks need Klingberg. His greatest strength at this point is on the pp . Nucks already have Hughes to run that effectively

Canucks have strong depth at Forwards and will probably look to have 2 strong PP units.

They also lack transition passing on defence from anyone outside of Hughes and OEL.

If they get Klingberg, I assume they will roll with these 2 PP units which would be pretty strong.

1-3-1

Podkolzin
Miller -Boeser- Pettersson
Hughes

Kuzmenko
Garland-Horvat-OEL
Klingberg

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
But if Klingberg is willing to sign for 6 million or maybe slightly above, why has some other team not swooped in on this? Klingberg loves Vancouver?

Van is a very Swedish popular place. Sedins. Naslund heck OEL only wanted to go there or Boston (?) for some reason

It would make sense to me he would want to go there

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Irf i believe was the one that first reported on draft day that the Isles and Canucks were very close to a trade, then Friedman jumped in.

He has connections

I agree,

Maybe something like

13th and Beuvaullier

for

15th and Myers

Then Canucks sign Klingberg at free agency

That was nothing more than speculation on their point. That’s what these guys do, speculate. “I wonder if this might involve JT Miller….”. Ya, ok Elliote.

That potential Isles/Canucks trade was nothing more than a pick swap, 13 for 15 + something. A deal involving complicated pieces like Myers and Miller didn’t fall apart on the draft floor and it’s foolish to think it did.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

It would make sense if he did,

Canucks is a favorite to Swedes around the league
OEL and Klingberg are bffs

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Pagnotta on Sportsnet 650 yesterday says he heard that the Canucks had a trade for Myers ready to go but it got held up for some reason at the very last minute, Canucks were about to use the cap space from the trade to sign Klingberg.

Is this the possible hold up with Klingberg? is Vancouver his #1 spot he wants to be in and he is waiting for them to move salary either Myers or Miller trade?

Could the nixed deal for Myers be with the Islanders? Friedman and many insiders reported that Van and NYI were close to a deal and of course that hit the fan at the very last second... Perhaps Myers refused to waive to go to Isles?

Others have reported something similar the last few days.

Well, I don't believe this was ever going to happen, even so, holy shit would that have been stupid for the Canucks, trading one problem for an even bigger one.

Reactions: olli and Huhu

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
If you give Tyler Myers a NTC you deserve what you get

There are far worse players in the NHL that have NTC/NMCs than Myers.

His is a 10 team NTC, that only kicked in the last 2 years of his contract.

Multiple teams were in the running and interested for Gudbranson on a 4 year contract, if you dont think Myers with 2 years left at 6 mil with get interest then were in denial of how GMs value RDs in real life.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Probably Islanders, with the way Lou pivoted to another defenseman.
Wouldn't make much sense. Isles are set on the right side and like to keep the handedness on defense balanced as possible. They were specifically looking for a left handed top4 defenseman. Also the age as style don't align with Myers and much more with Romanov.

Also, while Lou is tight lipped, the rumors coming out between isles and VAN were about JT Miller. Unless it was a larger deal involving Myers and maybe Mayfield?

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Wouldn’t matter now even if this were true. The Myers trade ship has sailed.

I'm not sure why its sailed, this is probably the cheapest a team can get Myers....basically next to nothing im guessing.

His value will only increase more and more as he nears the end of his contract...

Tyler Myers at the trade deadline in 2 seasons with an expiring contract will get the Canucks a minimum of a 2nd round return, maybe a 1st with how desperate and crazy some cup contenders get at the trade deadline.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I'm not sure why its sailed, this is probably the cheapest a team can get Myers....basically next to nothing im guessing.

His value will only increase more and more as he nears the end of his contract...

Tyler Myers at the trade deadline in 2 seasons with an expiring contract will get the Canucks a minimum of a 2nd round return, maybe a 1st with how desperate and crazy some cup contenders get at the trade deadline.
Myers at 50% retention at the 2024 TDL should fetch a strong return. I’ll agree with that.

Reactions: UrbanImpact

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Myers at 50% retention at the 2024 TDL should fetch a strong return. I’ll agree with that.

Then im not really sure why you think the ship has sailed in trading Myers?

He has a 10 team no trade clause sure but thats hardly a big hurdle. 22 teams you can still work with.

In fact, it would be a very smart move for a team to trade for Myers now.... get him for nothing or even have the Canucks add asset, then flip him yourself in 1.5 season at the Trade deadline and soak in the assets one will receive for Myers all for rostering him for 1.5 seasons. A smart GM would jump on this, I dont know if Allvin and Rutherford have the patience to keep him for 1.5 seasons and get the assets back for themselves, i feel they want to revamp this team asap.

Reactions: mti79

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014

Myers is terrible. You’re paying to move him at that price today.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
If you give Tyler Myers a NTC you deserve what you get
1658628297411.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad