McKenzie: Pageau likely to get traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Doubt the Avs include Timmons for Pageau. He’s a good player but if anyone thinks he’s a difference maker, they’ll be sadly disappointed.

You always lose trades when you give up young D for role players. So if you don’t have some extras laying around don’t do it.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
What about Samorukov + Conditional 2nd? Becomes a 1st if the Oilers make the WCF this year.
I know nothing about samorukov at all. Sounds fair.

You know Ottawa's gonna end up with a conditional 3rd though, I can feel it in the air tonight.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I know nothing about samorukov at all. Sounds fair.

You know Ottawa's gonna end up with a conditional 3rd though, I can feel it in the air tonight.

Post WJC last year he was probably the best D man in the CHL. He was an absolute beast in the 2019 OHL postseason as well.

Hits like a truck, solid defensively. Decent offensive upside, he’s in his first year of pro hockey right now. I’m a big fan of his play, but adding a guy like Pageau to play with McDavid is tantalizing. He’s a solid D prospect.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I dont think you need to substantially add to Samorukov to get it done. He's not had a great pro season but he's a very good prospect. Very good defender, great shot... seems very likely to be an NHLer with top 4 upside.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I dont think you need to substantially add to Samorukov to get it done. He's not had a great pro season but he's a very good prospect. Very good defender, great shot... seems very likely to be an NHLer with top 4 upside.
It would sting to give him up even for Pageau

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

He’s also a good skater for a big guy. There’s so much to like with his game, he’s a young guy not getting a lot of ice time in Bakersfield but he’s a very good D prospect.

He’d add a different element to a loaded Sens prospect pool. This hurts as well to move him, I’m really high on Samorukov and have watched him play a lot. He’s a future top 4 D man in a few years.

Pageau adds a lot to our roster as well, I think the team needs and assets match up well for a trade. I know Holland doesn’t want to deal a 1st for a rental, which makes sense but a conditional 2nd I could live with.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
It would sting to give him up even for Pageau

Understandably so. Would be a great get for the Sens and probably will be better than what we return. I'd take him over Addison or Foote for sure. Might not be a prospect as good as Samorukov dealt this deadline unless I'm totally forgetting someone.

He’s also a good skater for a big guy. There’s so much to like with his game, he’s a young guy not getting a lot of ice time in Bakersfield but he’s a very good D prospect.

He’d add a different element to a loaded Sens prospect pool.

Pageau adds a lot to our roster as well, I think the team needs and assets match up well for a trade. I know Holland doesn’t want to deal a 1st for a rental, which makes sense but a conditional 2nd I could live with.

Yeah, I think there are some similarities to JBD/Thomson - good shot, good skater, good D, somewhat offensive upside, all to different degrees of course - but Samorukov has a good 2-3 inches on either guy.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Understandably so. Would be a great get for the Sens and probably will be better than what we return. I'd take him over Addison or Foote for sure. Might not be a prospect as good as Samorukov dealt this deadline unless I'm totally forgetting someone.

Yeah, I think there are some similarities to JBD/Thomson - good shot, good skater, good D, somewhat offensive upside, all to different degrees of course - but Samorukov has a good 2-3 inches on either guy.

Samorukov also looks and hits like a football linebacker.

Look up some of his YouTube hits there’s a couple in there. He’s a really physical player which has value when you combine everything else he does well.

I expect him to have a much bigger role (PP time and more ES time) in Bakersfield next year with Bouchard graduating to the Oilers next year. There’s a really good player in Samorukov even if he needs a bit of AHL seasoning, he’s a clear cut NHL level talent.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Samorukov also looks and hits like a football linebacker.

Look up some of his YouTube hits there’s a couple in there. He’s a really physical player which has value when you combine everything else he does well.

I expect him to have a much bigger role (PP time and more ES time) in Bakersfield next year with Bouchard graduating to the Oilers next year. There’s a really good player in Samorukov even if he needs a bit of AHL seasoning, he’s a clear cut NHL level talent.

Yeah, he'd definitely bring an element that we lack. If he can be a top 4 option and Jaros can be a bottom pair or 2nd pair option, it adds a lot of versatility to our projected back end

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Yup. If guys are do a contract they get moved. Its Melnyks mo

Zibanejad (RFA in one year)
Turris (when he was good)
Duchene
Karlsson
Dzingle
Stone

All were pending UFA's needing a new contract and moved.
They sold off Turris and Karlson at the right time. Duchene is not the player you pay $9m and build around. Stone and Zib were the only real loss and Zib turned it on because of the trade.

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
Samorukov would be a great return for Pageau..He will get a 1st and he will be a difference maker in one game..he always gets a random multigoal game in the playoffs

Apr 9, 2009
USA
if they wanted money they should have made the playoffs. Other than zib they all played crap hockey for points and getting paid during the contract year with zero interest in winning

That's probably what happens when you know your team won't re-sign you.

Pittsburgh fans assume all good players are given to them by magical ping pong balls.

Oh man you really got us. I am so offended. What will I do. Oh no.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If the ask for Pageau was Samorukov I’d only pay that if he came with an extension... And nothing too crazy over 5 ish million or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad