McKenzie: Pageau likely to get traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
how does that make any sense?
Buffalo's GM Jason Botterill and the Assistant GM Saxton were both in Ottawa when Buffalo played them a few days back, and it was reported they met Dorian, for a lengthy period of time, prior to the game.
Just a hunch, but Buffalo needs 2nd line C and RW help.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Think his best fit is with the Islanders. He’d fit in so well in Trotz system. The problem is, if you’re looking for scoring, you’re probably looking at the wrong guy. He has his rolls but overall he’s a system role player. Trotz gets the best out of guys like Pageau.

Another possibility is Colorado for Jost and maybe a pick. Would certainly make Colorado harder to play against.

Reactions: violaswallet

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Or how about just paying your number one center, hometown and heart and soul player ?
Let's not get carried away...he's number one c by default until norris and brown (or whoever) is ready, he's an elite 3c or a good 2c. Heart and soul, yes, hometown yes, but again...this is not mark stone here.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Yes, please. This is the guy. Get him to the Avs. He’d fill in excellently as a 2C until Kadri is back and then become the best 3C in the league. Make that happen.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Yes, please. This is the guy. Get him to the Avs. He’d fill in excellently as a 2C until Kadri is back and then become the best 3C in the league. Make that happen.
I truly think the first team to commit a 1st for him gets him at this point.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I truly think the first team to commit a 1st for him gets him at this point.

Fine. I wouldn’t typically think he was worth that, but I just don’t care. I’d give a 1st+ for Kreider and I think that JGP will be better value for the dollar over the long term, so why not?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Buffalo's GM Jason Botterill and the Assistant GM Saxton were both in Ottawa when Buffalo played them a few days back, and it was reported they met Dorian, for a lengthy period of time, prior to the game.
Just a hunch, but Buffalo needs 2nd line C and RW help.

probably just checking with Dorion to see what restaurant at the Kanata Centrum to check out.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I know Edmonton really wants him but doesn't want to give up a 1st.
What about something like Pulju, 2nd for an extended Pageau

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Not surprised. Sens are a small budget team and essentially a farm system for other franchises.

It's really getting to the point, Gary needs to step in and force Melnyk to sell. There's no reason Ottawa should be in the position they're in beyond having a garbage owner who won't spend more than he absolutely has to.

Reactions: DJB

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Pageau to the Oilers makes so much sense if we can make the cap work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad