News Article: Pageau begins preparations for playoff run with islanders

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Even if Tampa won the cup when they won 62 games they'd be shocked. It's no easy feat.

Hmm, I’m not sure a Tampa winning the cup last year would have been shocking to most. Either way, you’re right. It’s very tough to win the Stanley Cup.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
JGP is such a great addition to this team, he's been money. It's not quite the Butch Goring TDL deal 40 years later, yet. But man, he's scored some big goals thus far, and his presence has just elevated the Isles.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
he has earned his money and worth the draft picks already.. Going to really enjoy watching him for the rest of his contract, already a fan fav.

and if we make it out of this round it will be a bottom 4 in both rounds (as will our remaining picks). Trying to remember but think they only reseed draft picks for playoff teams once they get to the conference finals. I havent looked it up so someone who knows may be able to comment.

Reactions: Hogan Shannon

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Knew he was good but didn't know he had that sneaky speed and acceleration.

One day I would like to see Pageau, Barzal, Beauvilier when down a goal late.

He's the perfect addition to this team. Would be a great 2C.

What a late pickup - best since Butch.

Reactions: Konk and buud

TMI

Dec 15, 2019
I've been trying to avoid pumping my own tires, but if you go back to the Pageau discussions pre and post trade, I stated that what he brought in terms of sneaky skill, speed, compete level, pretty much everything we've seen these past few weeks, was severely underappreciated by this board. Having watched a pretty large share of Sens games I was always high on him.

But even I am amazed at his performance since the playoffs began. Shouldn't be, he's been known to rise to the occasion pretty consistently and is a PERFECT fit for this team and system. But he is quickly showing he is going to be a fan favorite and justifiably so. Would be curious to know how many Pager jerseys are sold over the next few months. Lol

Also seems to be the type that brings a plus to team chemistry too. The reactions of his "brothers" to his ping pong final entrance was priceless, and I get the feeling he is already a big presence in the dressing room as well as on the ice.

To me, team confidence and team chemistry are 2 of the biggest factors (if not THE biggest) in a playoff run. And the boys clearly have both in spades. Hell of a fun ride to watch. :DD

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad