News Article: Pageau begins preparations for playoff run with islanders

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

As a Sens fan who wanted JGP traded as the team is not competing any time soon, it still hurts to see the last of the Pesky Sens go.
Pageau is a solid addition for the Isles - who I will be rooting for in the playoffs now that they have Pageau. Isles fans will love him!

JGP lacks the playmaking required top be a consistent top-6 centre. He does check all the other boxes and would benefit from a playmaking winger should he be put into a top-6 role.

He is just great as a two-way centre who excels at shutting down opposing best players as a premier 3C. Has that "it" factor to raise his game in clutch situations.

I don't mean to brag but since you guys brought it up.

Insane to see how well the Isles are playing. You didn't need a saviour, but a true warrior for the playoffs who will do what's asked and needed, and Uncle Lou delivered by landing the underrated prize of the trade deadline.

Isles are a fun bunch, 2 more to round 2!

Last edited:

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007

Insane to see how well the Isles are paying. You didn't need a saviour, but a true warrior for the playoffs who will do what's asked and needed, and Uncle Lou delivered by landing the underrated prize of the draft.

You're one of the few good posters in that thread! I hope you get that conditional third round pick too btw.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

Insane to see how well the Isles are playing. You didn't need a saviour, but a true warrior for the playoffs who will do what's asked and needed, and Uncle Lou delivered by landing the underrated prize of the trade deadline.

Spot on, except for one small detail.

It's not 'Uncle Lou'. It's 'Uncle Leo' and 'Senile Lou' (said with affection).

Reactions: TMI

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Looks like the Leafs are suffering 'seller's remorse' about Lou.

They have a thread about the worst GM over the last decade, and the votes are currently:
Nonis: 133
Burke: 40
Dubas: 39
Lou: 2

While I personally think (and voted) that Burke was worst, partially because he hired totally-out-of-his-depth Nonis, and that it's still too early to properly assess Dubas, it's nice to see Lou get so much appreciation.

Who is the worst GM the Leafs have had in the past decade?

Reactions: impaaaaaact

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Looks like the Leafs are suffering 'seller's remorse' about Lou.

They have a thread about the worst GM over the last decade, and the votes are currently:
Nonis: 133
Burke: 40
Dubas: 39
Lou: 2

While I personally think (and voted) that Burke was worst, partially because he hired totally-out-of-his-depth Nonis, and that it's still too early to properly assess Dubas, it's nice to see Lou get so much appreciation.

Who is the worst GM the Leafs have had in the past decade?
If we widen the scope a bit, we'll find Gord Stellick and Punch Imlach. But I love swingin' down memory lane.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
If we widen the scope a bit, we'll find Gord Stellick and Punch Imlach. But I love swingin' down memory lane.
Stellick was bad, and Punch had his moments, but at least he won four Cups. For me, Count Floyd, JFJ, and Burke were the worst.

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Stellick was bad, and Punch had his moments, but at least he won four Cups. For me, Count Floyd, JFJ, and Burke were the worst.
I saw Punch as an outgrowth of Harold Ballard. I thought Imlach's time came and went by 1982.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
You might appreciate this story. In 1981 or 82 I was was outside of Yankee Stadium watching the players leave after a game and trying to get a couple of autographs. The Yankees and visiting team both exited through the same gate. We saw some of the Blue Jays traveling party and I recognized Tom Cheek, the Blue Jays radio PxP man, from their yearbook. I yelled out at him "Hey how's Harold Ballard doing" and he yelled back "You mean El Jerko Supremo". I still laugh about that one today.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Spot on, except for one small detail.

It's not 'Uncle Lou'. It's 'Uncle Leo' and 'Senile Lou' (said with affection).

Uncle_Leo_-_eyebrows.jpg

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, but then that first rounder is 31st overall. Give me the 22nd overall pick over that.

Yeah well go search for Buffalo Sabres fans threads regarding their Islander pick circa 2012-2014... Did not work out so well for them.

Just take the 31st pick with the extra third. @6stringmofo has got it right... the good karma will guarantee that you get the steal of the draft in either/both spots.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Yeah well go search for Buffalo Sabres fans threads regarding their Islander pick circa 2012-2014... Did not work out so well for them.

Just take the 31st pick with the extra third. @6stringmofo has got it right... the good karma will guarantee that you get the steal of the draft in either/both spots.

No offence, but I’d be shocked if the Isles won the cup this year.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Yeah, but then that first rounder is 31st overall. Give me the 22nd overall pick over that.

Hmm, does it really matter? I just went through a couple of drafts and it seems like the players picked between 20-30 are very similar. It’s not like you will get a gem at 22 and a fringe NHLer at 31. You should be happy with the extra 3rd rounder ;)

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Hmm, does it really matter? I just went through a couple of drafts and it seems like the players picked between 20-30 are very similar. It’s not like you will get a gem at 22 and a fringe NHLer at 31. You should be happy with the extra 3rd rounder ;)

Well, you have to remember Ottawa might not stay at 22. There’s a chance they could try to move up. Either way, you can’t blame me for wanting the higher pick.

Reactions: Hogan Shannon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad