Series Talk: (P3) San Jose Sharks vs. (C2) St. Louis Blues

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I heard it was 80%.

How did it slip 2 percent downward?

Ducks lost their series after winning game 5 when it was tied 2-2 going in is the only instance of a team losing thus far in that situation. There have been a few wins though like the Islanders in round 1 and the Sharks and Blues in round 2. However, even with three in four instances, 75% would drag down an 80% number obviously.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thornton has been great most of the series. He may not be compiling points but he's controlling the offensive zone more often than not.

I would love to see Joe lift the cup.

My daughter is going to the game tomorrow (She lives out there) ...I hope she sees handshakes on the ice.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
The last 5 minutes when the bottom pairing was benched really highlighted how much better the other 2 pairs are at getting the puck up the ice. Blues couldn't even gain the zone when they were pressing as hard as they could with a extra attacker at times

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I would love to see Joe lift the cup.

My daughter is going to the game tomorrow (She lives out there) ...I hope she sees handshakes on the ice.

This. I don't care what team he's on when he does it. Kings, Ducks, Don't care. I just want to see the guy get it.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
I hope she sees handshakes on the ice.

So do we...

The last 5 minutes when the bottom pairing was benched really highlighted how much better the other 2 pairs are at getting the puck up the ice. Blues couldn't even gain the zone when they were pressing as hard as they could with a extra attacker at times

Another data point for the post season "What do we think of Deboer" discussion...

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
So do we...

Another data point for the post season "What do we think of Deboer" discussion...

I know PDB does not like riding his top-4 D and top-6 F but he has shown that he will if the need arises. Personally, I think that is one of the reasons our players have more jump than other teams this late in the playoffs. I think it will get better the longer the playoffs go.

Dillon-Polak get outmatched when they are on the ice for too long against top-4 D and top-6F. But they are one of the better bottom D pairings left in the playoffs.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
I thought the reason you ride 6 d and 4 lines is so that you can ride 4d in games like this?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Grass is greener from Sharks fans. Watch tonights game and notice how long other teams 3rd D pairs are hemmed in or bring absolutely nothing to the table (Matt Carle).

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Grass is greener from Sharks fans. Watch tonights game and notice how long other teams 3rd D pairs are hemmed in or bring absolutely nothing to the table (Matt Carle).

Carle brings lots to the table. He is the perfect double agent for the other team.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Come on... we're 1 game away from the SC, let's not start that discussion in this thread.

Be aware of what you ask for...

Honestly, this is an overreaction.

Sure, nobody likes the guy who says "so and so is guaranteed to win such and such, it's in the bag," especially that very person if that prediction turns out to be wrong, but let's not conflate this with expressing a desire that you want to see a Thornton cup-raising or Sharks championship. Why isn't it ok to say merely that we are cheering for a player or a team?

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
I'd rather Jumbo sign in the KHL, forced to practice 8 hours a day, lose his salary to the mafia, chased by wild packs of dogs in the streets, and thrown in a Siberian gulag for stealing potatoes than see him win a cup with the Ducks or Kings.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Hitch is an idiot. Bench your starter for the 1st 16+ games for 2 games. Then facing elimination put him back in and say these are his playoffs lol.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He thought Allen's puckhandling would change the series but it caused more harm than good.

I don't know about that. I thought Allen's performance didn't really mean much either way and it wouldn't have mattered who was in net for games four and five. The better team in those games were plainly obvious.

Off topic, this is the series that will send a player to the Finals who has a shot at entering the Triple Gold Club. Either Marleau or Bouwmeester. I forgot that Bouwmeester had gotten the Golds before. Those are the only two with a shot right now. Obviously hope it's Marleau. lol

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hitch likes to pretend he's the smartest guy in the room. Don't forget that.

Nothing wrong with that really and I'm sure some of that is sarcasm too. All I know is I am confident that DeBoer is the better coach and that's all that counts at this point. Finish them tomorrow and move forward.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
If Hitch really thought Allen's puckhandling was going to dramatically change things then he wasn't paying attention. The Sharks don't dump and chase nearly as often as they did in the McLellan days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad