Series Talk: (P3) San Jose Sharks vs. (C2) St. Louis Blues

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
So I was more scared of Dallas. The speed and skill have given us trouble.

The blues are really solid, but they seem easier to prepare for. But if backes is gonna get hot I worry for us. Great to be back though!

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Not sure about this series. I was hoping for Dallas because of their poor goal tending and average D.

Blues are better on D (than Nashville) but I think Rinne and Quick are both better than Elliot. I think we have more depth overall than Nashville. I think if we can contain Tarasenko we have a really good chance.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Not sure about this series. I was hoping for Dallas because of their poor goal tending and average D.

Blues are better on D (than Nashville) but I think Rinne and Quick are both better than Elliot. I think we have more depth overall than Nashville. I think if we can contain Tarasenko we have a really good chance.

With tarasenko. The sharks might not need to do it. Hitch might do it for us.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Lost to Hawks in 4. Lost to Canucks in 5. Will lose to Blues in 6. We'll need to make the WCF 2 more times before we can break through.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
With tarasenko. The sharks might not need to do it. Hitch might do it for us.

Now that's just silly. Tarasenko is one of the greatest goal scorers in the NHL and he will be a threat every time he is on the ice. Vlasic is going to need to bring his A-game this series.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Now that's just silly. Tarasenko is one of the greatest goal scorers in the NHL and he will be a threat every time he is on the ice. Vlasic is going to need to bring his A-game this series.

Whoosh. He's referring to Hitchcock not putting him on the ice very much ;)

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
No but seriously. This Blues team is no joke.... They scared me going into the playoffs and I hoped that somehow the Blackhawks knocked them out before they realized they were good.

This is going to be a nasty nasty series. There will be hits, injuries, and maybe some fights, and that's just us on the main boards with Blues fans. Don't get me started on the actual games :help:

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Kind of hard to score from the bench. Tarasenko played 20 minutes in a game that went to double over time and didn't play on the power play.

That is hitch stopping tarasenko. And its just hitch's style to play the grinders when the game is tied or ahead.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

The Sharks are bigger and better equipped to handle the Blues than the Stars were. The Blues are slower than Nashville which is an advantage S.J. has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad