Series Talk: (P3) San Jose Sharks vs. (C2) St. Louis Blues

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
I said this when they lost game 6 to the Preds. I'm proud of this team, regardless of the outcome, they've far exceeded my expectations and I'm proud to be a fan. Seriously may be taking a trek down the coast if they advance

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
That was all Joe and Tierney.

Without Marleau getting that puck down below the goal line, the opportunity isn't there for Jumbo and Tierney. Same with that Pavs PP goal on that rolling puck. Marleau won a 1 on 2 battle and was able to pop the puck out to Couture who moved it to Jumbo to make the play. Yeah, he's not producing and that's not good but people need to stop pretending like Marleau isn't contributing.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
This series is incredible. Sharks up 2-1: Blues fans "It's over", Tied 2-2: Sharks Fans "It's over", Sharks up 3-2: Blues fans "it's over"

Jul 10, 2010
This series is incredible. Sharks up 2-1: Blues fans "It's over", Tied 2-2: Sharks Fans "It's over", Sharks up 3-2: Blues fans "it's over"

Thats what happens when the two most pessimistic fanbases on hfboards faceoff against each other

Both teams have disappointed their fans so much, they just expect to lose now

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
All this news is now coming out about Tarasenko's fade and lack of production, and some are finally crediting Vlasic for his defensive play (then reminding themselves why he was a Team Canada lock).

Damn is he good.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Kings leading goal scorer Toffoli-zero goals vs San Jose
Preds leading goal scorer Forsberg-1 goal vs San Jose
Blues leading goal scorer Tarasenko-zero goals vs San Jose

...that's Vlasic and Braun.

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
Kings leading goal scorer Toffoli-zero goals vs San Jose
Preds leading goal scorer Forsberg-1 goal vs San Jose
Blues leading goal scorer Tarasenko-zero goals vs San Jose

...that's Vlasic and Braun.

Yes they are a major reason, but please don't forget Paul Martin. He has been great with Burns.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Pavelski leading(tied) the playoffs in points?

Quietly roaring back?:sarcasm:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So I wasn't able to watch the game due to work very closely. I was only able to watch it in intervals. Did something happen to a defender? I noticed a few times Braun out there with Burns or Vlasic out with Burns.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
So I wasn't able to watch the game due to work very closely. I was only able to watch it in intervals. Did something happen to a defender? I noticed a few times Braun out there with Burns or Vlasic out with Burns.

3rd apparently. Dillon and polak got benched.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Thornton is slowly putting his name into the conn smyth conversation also if the sharks win.

Thornton has been great most of the series. He may not be compiling points but he's controlling the offensive zone more often than not.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Thornton has been great most of the series. He may not be compiling points but he's controlling the offensive zone more often than not.

For all of the momentum swings in this series, the top line has been dominant almost throughout. They're a treat to watch.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I hope they can find a way to bring the play they brought in the 3rd period to the remaining games. That's the team that got them to where they are. They may lose some playing that way but they are going to have a lot better chance playing that way than how they played game 4 and period 1-2 of game 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad