P.K. Subban Goes Undercover As Karl The Security Guard To Surprise Kids

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
PK has so much personality, I'd love to have him on my team not only for what he brings on the ice but the show he gives off the ice. :handclap:

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Great to see a player who is actually aware that he has star power, and better yet maximise it, especially in an hockey-intense city like Montreal.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Serious copy of the Pepsi uncle drew videos with kyrie irving.

Still good to see though. Seems like a nice guy off the ice.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
The deed is nice. But I doubt he invited the right kids and their GoPros to that event.

Do you seriously believe that the GoPros belongs to the kids? LMAO

They were landed to them by the production team so that they could film the video

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Some of you guys must be a real blast at parties. Reminds me of those relatives that have to win at board games and will cheat to do so, just a bundle of fun.

nwaZ*

But thinking about it...

Why does this have to be filmed anyway? Isn't enough to see the kids happy? What's the agenda at play here? Something smells. It reeks.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Wasn't that funny.

Fun for the kids I imagine though.

It wasn't meant to be funny? He's not in a sketch comedy group, coming up with theses things to do for your entertainment.

It's filmed because it's heart warming. It's filmed because in addition to doing something good for those little kids PK is also a role model to an abundance of other children and SEEING this kind of act from PK provides a very good example to those kids who look up to PK. It also can inspire others, celebrity or otherwise, to want to do similarly charitable acts. It is Christmas time. Does no one understand that not everything captured on film has to have an alterior motive behind it?

The stars of our game are role models to the games thousands of young fans. So while we make excuses for Kane and Seguin's acts of public drunkeness because they're young and exciting players, why do we criticize the equally young (but never publicly belligerent) PK filming himself doing something wholesome and providing the kind of role model our athletes should be striving to be?

There's a lot wrong with some of you in this thread. The only thing that reeks are your jaded sensibilities.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Do the Montreal Canadiens have a huge problem with it's image? No. Quite the opposite.

It's all about money, isn't it?

It's about marketing one of the most marketable hockey player there is, while ALSO giving back to the community.

Two birds one stone, they call it.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Do the Montreal Canadiens have a huge problem with its image? No. Quite the opposite.

It's all about money, isn't it?

Does PK Subban have an unwarranted negative image by fans of other teams around league? Does the game of hockey lack in minority youths picking up the game?

Also, he is using 24CH's make up artist, team facilities and a city organization to accomplish this task. Do you honestly believe this could all be done quietly without any media attention?

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Off the ice he earned 0/10 classless Subbans, he was too kind with kids.
On the ice he earned 10/10 classless Subbans, he didn't give them a chance.
For a total of 5/10 classless Subbans, he will never change, so classless

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
i highly doubt this is true and if it is, its probably not because of the sports studies degree.

Sports studies will groom your for sports journalism, sports broadcasting, or sports management. All of which have better areas of studies to take you further.

You'd be better off getting:
Journalism Degree= Sports Journalism
Broadcasting and Digital Media = Sports Broadcasting
Law = Sports Management.

Even if you do make 190+k/yr, its not because of that degree.
I have sport mgmt degree so not the same as sport studies I guess. Just curious why you'd say get a law degree instead of sport management? Not everyone in sport management wants to be an agent or in the front office. And I probably overstated the 95% thing.

Last edited:

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
I have sport mgmt degree so not the same as sport studies I guess. Just curious why you'd say get a law degree instead of sport management? Not everyone in sport management wants to be an agent or in the front office. And I probably overstated the 95% thing.

no but the people making 200k/year probably are working there haha. I didnt mean any disrespect and sports management is a lot different than sports studies. In my eyes, its kind of like a a MIS degrees first a Computer Science degree. Where one is a lot more focused than the other.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
no but the people making 200k/year probably are working there haha. I didnt mean any disrespect and sports management is a lot different than sports studies. In my eyes, its kind of like a a MIS degrees first a Computer Science degree. Where one is a lot more focused than the other.

Agreed :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad