P.K. Subban Goes Undercover As Karl The Security Guard To Surprise Kids

we like our team*

Well this was sort of random, and also kinda wrong:

j5xd2x.jpg

Anyway, PK is absolutely a good guy for ALL the things he does off the ice. I heard an interview with his father were he talked about a charity they are starting to help kids who can't afford to play hockey. Paying league fees, getting them equipment, etc. He said it is going really well so far.

lol "sport studies"

feds91

May 17, 2004
He sure can act nice when the camera is on him.

My friend who had cancer was in the hospital. Her parents saw Subban, I guess he was visiting children or someone else, anyway they asked him if he wouldn't mind meeting with their daughter and he said yes. He visited her in her hospital room and she said that he was really nice and stuff. She isn't a hockey fan by the way :laugh: Anyway just in case you were wondering, there wasn't a camera in the hospital that day. :p:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
My friend who had cancer was in the hospital. Her parents saw Subban, I guess he was visiting children or someone else, anyway they asked him if he wouldn't mind meeting with their daughter and he said yes. He visited her in her hospital room and she said that he was really nice and stuff. She isn't a hockey fan by the way :laugh: Anyway just in case you were wondering, there wasn't a camera in the hospital that day. :p:

Leafs and Bruins fans will just spin that as PK scouting for the best candidates (ie: sickest kids) to make his videos look better :laugh:

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I wish the NHL had more players as charismatic as Subban. Which other guys in the league would have been as comfortable as Subban seemed in a video like that?

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Despite what bitter Leafs, Bruins, and Sens fans will tell you, PK's being doing this sort of thing since his rookie year, and yes, without cameras present:

My name is Yosi Knecht, my 5-year-old daughter has been undergoing treatment for Leukemia at the Montreal Children's Hospital since August 26th. She has been at the hospital (and confined to her room) for 80% of that time.

On Saturday, December 25th, the children in the Oncology Ward were treated to a special visit, one that prompted me to contact my friend Arpon Basu. That afternoon, Canadiens rookie P.K. Subban showed up bearing gifts for the children; he did so with no cameras present and no other teammates, just P.K. and his agent. Even though he had visited a few weeks earlier, when the team made their annual visit, P.K. showed up on Christmas Day to try to bring some more joy to the kids.

I decided to write to Arpon because I thought people should know about this kind gesture. I have been a Habs fan my whole life and I know full well how tough this town can be on their players. Subban is a 21-year-old rookie who is going through a tough first season. Since he arrived with much fanfare he has been subjected to a lot of scrutiny, some of it related to his character.

I am not writing this to defend him as a hockey player, nor as a person, as I do not know him personally. I am writing this because I think that the people who are judging him should have a more complete picture of who he is. They should know that a 21-year-old kid (let's remember he is still a kid) took the time to do something selfless and kind on Christmas Day. He had a day off in between road trips and he could have easily just taken the time for himself, but instead he decided to give of himself.

This one little gesture doesn't tell the whole story of who he is, but at least it adds another element to consider for those looking to throw stones his way.

While his choices on the ice are getting him a lot of negative feedback, the choice he made on Christmas Day was a great one. He brought a little bit of sunshine to some children who desperately need it.

My daughter takes out her autographed P.K. Subban picture (as well as the ones by the four other players she met when the entire team visited) and Canadiens flag whenever we watch the Habs on TV. She likes me to point out the players that she met when they appear on screen. She's only five years old, but as she gets older I am sure that she will appreciate what happened on Christmas Day more and more.

I was not at the hospital when he visited (my wife was), otherwise I would have told him the following:

"Thank you for coming to try to make Christmas at the hospital more bearable for these kids, it's really nice of you, and it shows great maturity that you chose to do this with your time. Try not to worry too much about what gets said about you and written about you, Montreal's a real tough town to play hockey in. I hope you have a long and successful career with the Habs, I'll be rooting for you."

Happy Holidays!

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/mobile/daily-hab-it-subban-plays-santa-1.573623#

Last edited:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
PK's being doing this sort of thing since his rookie year, and yes, without cameras present:

My daughter takes out her autographed P.K. Subban picture (as well as the ones by the four other players she met when the entire team visited) and Canadiens flag whenever we watch the Habs on TV. She likes me to point out the players that she met when they appear on screen. She's only five years old, but as she gets older I am sure that she will appreciate what happened on Christmas Day more and more.

Ah damn. Someone's cutting onions for Christmas dinner.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
That was awesome!! would of been epic if they had not of recognized him and he took the ice in old man character lol. Very well done by PK.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Really hard not to like PK and it baffles me that some people don't.

Wonderful personality.

I echo that I hope he gets work in hockey media.

dsc75

Mar 25, 2014
Really hard not to like PK and it baffles me that some people don't.

Wonderful personality.

I echo that I hope he gets work in hockey media.

I agree he is very entertaining and was raised right. As for why some people don't like him unfortunate as it is it's because the colour of his skin. I'm not say that's why all of the ones who don't like him is for that reason but there's some out there who will deny it ofcourse but that's the world we live in.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
What's wrong with that? I have a similar degree and make more than 95% of Americans.

i highly doubt this is true and if it is, its probably not because of the sports studies degree.

Sports studies will groom your for sports journalism, sports broadcasting, or sports management. All of which have better areas of studies to take you further.

You'd be better off getting:
Journalism Degree= Sports Journalism
Broadcasting and Digital Media = Sports Broadcasting
Law = Sports Management.

Even if you do make 190+k/yr, its not because of that degree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad