Owen Sound Attack 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Amazing game last night. I said that about Game #1, but last night took things up a few notches.

The Attack came out flying in the 1st. It easily could/should have been 2-0 for the Bears before Formenton netted his first. I thought the Attack came out on the tentative side in Game #1, likely due to nerves, but this was not the case at all last night.

Despite the fact that the Attack never lead the score, I thought they played a better game in Game #2. I counted 3 posts, and a lot of shots missed the net on quality scoring chances. The Attack were buzzing in the 1st and 3rd...the bounces were just not going our way. It they were, even at a roughly normal rate, the score would not have been so close.

I thought London's 3rd goal last night really deflated the Attack. They seemed to lose their jump after that and seemed a bit flat for the rest of that 2nd period, but came out stronger in the 3rd.

Raaymakers has looked just OK. I don't recall many highlight-reel, game-altering saves in either game. In Game #2, the biggest saves were made by the post. He might go on to steal 1 or 2 games, but I think the Attack's offence is too potent for him to steal any more than that.

More line juggling by Gill, despite the fact that the team keeps winning. Sushko and Lazer swapped lines to start the game. More combos as the game went on.

I noticed Oli doing groin stretches during whistles, mostly when the ensuing faceoff was in the Knights' zone. I wonder if he's not playing at 100%, or perhaps is just being super cautious not to re-aggravate the injury.

Knights are shooting glove side on Oli. This was quite apparent last night. Their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th goals in Game #1 came glove side, and their 1st last night was too.

Formenton is by far the best player on the ice. He's in a league of his own out there. Amazing speed, and dominant 5-on-5 and on the PP and PK.

Except for Formo, the Attack have matched the Knights' speed.

We'll see how the teams respond to the series shifting to the Bud.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
I noticed Oli doing groin stretches during whistles, mostly when the ensuing faceoff was in the Knights' zone. I wonder if he's not playing at 100%, or perhaps is just being super cautious not to re-aggravate the injury.

He's been doing this every game since returning from injury.

Reactions: Noofgoof

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Does anyone know where to catch tonights game on an android box? Pm me if you have an idea i havnt had luck this year

dabears14

Jan 11, 2018
Does anyone know why Friend seemed reluctant to drop the gloves with Tymkin after that big hit on Formenton? Was he trying to be disciplined at the time or was he a little shaken up from the collision at the time?

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Does anyone know why Friend seemed reluctant to drop the gloves with Tymkin after that big hit on Formenton? Was he trying to be disciplined at the time or was he a little shaken up from the collision at the time?
No need to drop the mits with a much lesser player in a tight game!
Smart play!
Also the Attack can't get allowed to get into any sideshows that gets them thrown off their game plan which is working to a "tee"!

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
The boys need to put that softy behind them. Can't afford to let it deflate them.

Top line needs to be the top line. These are the moments where your best players have to be your best players.

Go Attack go!!!

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
We knew it was going to be like this .
Raaymakers makes game savers all night.

Sounds like the refs parked their whistles after the tying goal .

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I feel for the rest of the team. They played good enough to win. Yet they are let down by the goaltending and the management that scouted him.

One way or another this will catch up to them .
Can you ask your team to play a perfect game every night?

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Here's my take on McKenzie from watching him for 4.5 years.

Amazing playoff performer in his first 3 seasons. His strong 2 way play is suited for the post season. He was one of our better players the year we went to the final and he was a rookie, same the next year when we made the conf final.

There are nights you will watch him and wonder how he was not an NHL 1st round pick and others that look like he would have a tough time making a beer league team.

I was quite vocal in a negative way on here about him last season, he took way too many nights off on a team with a serious lack of leadership remaining due to long term injuries.

He has loads of talent but I'm not sure he has the heart necessary to make the next level.
With the way McKenzie is playing right now I thought I'd leave this here.

Good job Brett.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad