Owen Sound Attack 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
OS did what they had to. Congrats. Better team tonight walked away with the W.

More empty seats than I thought Id see thou. Is it result of weekday game or just 1st rd game? Always been fond of OS ( mentioned in years past on here ) Hope it picks up.

Weekday games generally don't draw as big as Saturdays games but for game one 2,700+ attendance is pretty good I'd expect closer to 3,200 for Saturday nights game 2 against the Knights 2 good clubs battling it out in round 1

Owen Sound generally draws 2,800 on weekdays and 3,200 on weekends depending on the opponet

leafsrdue

Oct 4, 2014
Good loud crowd tonight, especially in the third. I expect it to be bigger and more raucous on Saturday. Dale Hunter always brings the best out of the Bayshore crowd.

Reactions: AttackSound

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Attack had a good 1st game in the series against London.

After a shaky start in the early part of the 1st the team really buckled down and showed home ice dominance at the Bayshore getting a big game 1 win

Game 1 goes to the Attack

OSattackfan

Jan 13, 2018
That was a great game yo watch. Exactly what play-off hockey should be. Only comment I have is when is the OHL going to provide quality ref's.
Bothers me greatly when a lineman just can't drop the dam puck at face offs. The 2 incedents with the London goalie stopping play to adjust a helment and flopping around on the ice like he was injured than needed a skate blade change was brutal. Too me that should have been a delay of game pentaly. What away to slow the game down to rest the players.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
That was a great game yo watch. Exactly what play-off hockey should be. Only comment I have is when is the OHL going to provide quality ref's.
Bothers me greatly when a lineman just can't drop the dam puck at face offs. The 2 incedents with the London goalie stopping play to adjust a helment and flopping around on the ice like he was injured than needed a skate blade change was brutal. Too me that should have been a delay of game pentaly. What away to slow the game down to rest the players.

Not sure what is up with linesman throwing guys out of faceoffs every other whistle.
As far as stoppage for Equipment repairs, not a biggie, both teams got a rest, if it was our goalie Wed want the free timeout

Reactions: aresknights

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Game 2 tonight looking to see a tight battle again.

With a good momentum from game 1 the boys should have the jitters out of there system and be able to play there game from opening puck drop. I'd expect a similar tight style from both the Attack and Knights for game 2.

Should be another electrifying atmospere in the Bayshore for tonight's tilt

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Anyone else noticing Oli stretching out his groin during whistles? Also doing some lateral movements during stoppages. I wonder how the groin is holding up.

Reactions: LDN

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
As good as Raaymakers is, he's lost his last 6 playoff games against the Attack.

And as poor as Olie's numbers are, he the first OHL goalie to go 2-0 .

Go figure .

Reactions: Noofgoof

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Attack take home games in round one with 5-4 and 4-3 wins.

Both tight games for a good showing by the guys. Now time to prepare for the road set on the 26th and 29th, momentum has started to swing in the Attack's way at the Bayshore to start the series hopefully the work ethic can help propel the team in a tight road set down at Budweiser Gardens for games 3-4.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
A Saturday night at the Bayshore doesn't get much more exciting than that. I didn't see the intensity from the boys at times. They didn't seem to be hitting or skating for long stretches. But in the end they kept shooting the puck and found a way. Pretty sure Szypula and the crowd called the 2 many men. And what a pass on that winner. That's what McKenzie was brought in for, leadership and playoff experience. Oh and that Sudbury trade is not stinging quite as much, Lazer has picked up since his WJ trip and I think he'll be better next year. Fair as always 3 stars with London picking up 2 of the 3.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
If anyone on the Knights other than Formenton gets going this series will turn in a hurry.

Allowing 3 goals on what 6 shots ?

The team has done a superb job of limiting scoring chances and shots, both games could have gone either way.

We will see what happens in the friendly confines of the beer case . :)

I was surprised there were only a sprinkling of Knights fans in the Lum.

leafsrdue

Oct 4, 2014
The Attack will eventually be brought down by the goaltending issue but I don't think it will be in this series. Formenton, Bouchard and Raaymakers will eventually wear down. They are carrying the young Knights at this point.

Reactions: Pond Hockey

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Yes, full credit to Raftis on that one. His refusal to fill his OA spots will always drive me batty, but not sending Raaymakers to Owen Sound was brilliant.

You know the Attack may get the last laugh. Raaymakers is 0-6 in his last half dozen playoff starts against the Attack.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
You know the Attack may get the last laugh. Raaymakers is 0-6 in his last half dozen playoff starts against the Attack.

If OS had Raaymakers instead of the guy they currently have, they would have a way better chance against SSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad