Owen Sound Attack 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
It'll be Lafreniere. He got the last 4 starts down the stretch. Coaching staff were quoted in our paper saying that he will be the starter.

That said, I hope he is on a short leash.

I believe we will see Guzda at some point. Just a hunch.

leafsrdue

Oct 4, 2014
Dale Degray/Todd Gill are all in with Ollie. I think we only see Mack if there is a blowout. They have consistently gone back to Ollie even after a bad game.

Reactions: Noofgoof

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
DD went with OL as his tender so I'd imagine he'd go with him in series 1 against the Knights.

The big thing will cone down to team defense and explosive offense in the series for the Attack to take round one against the Knights.

Ding, ding let the heavyweight boxing match of the western conference playoffs begin !!!

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Home
Owen Sound - Wikipedia
Wow is the population that small? I must say you guys do a great job supporting your team. If every city had the same passion as you guys hockey would be a much more popular sport

Thanks for the knd words LDN the city may not be the biggest in the O but where we make up for a smaller city is the passion and support of the entire counties of Grey-Bruce combined together supporting one team. No matter the size of the city the Attack name is engrained in fans that pack the building every game and local businesses that call the Attack in the area their team

Reactions: LDN

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Home
Owen Sound - Wikipedia
Wow is the population that small? I must say you guys do a great job supporting your team. If every city had the same passion as you guys hockey would be a much more popular sport
Although the population of OS truely is about that the Attack have done a great job of attracting fans from all over grey and bruce counties which some travel upwards of 45 mins to an hour for games. Combined the two counties are close to 150,000 people albeit spread over a fair sized area

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Although the population of OS truely is about that the Attack have done a great job of attracting fans from all over grey and bruce counties which some travel upwards of 45 mins to an hour for games. Combined the two counties are close to 150,000 people albeit spread over a fair sized area
Pretty impressive OS! If Flint area fans are to drive 45 minutes to an hour we could watch University of Michigan, Michigan State, or Detroit Red Wings hockey.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Home
Owen Sound - Wikipedia

The love affair began in 1999, when local fans chipped in $625,000 in four days to keep major A hockey in town .
The Platers morphed into the Attack and the team has enjoyed success ever since.

So you could say the locals are 'invested' in their team. Last year was the first time ever OS capped season ticket sales, and there's a waiting list now.

The four owners attend most every game, and are easily accessible and approachable to all fans . You'd be hard pressed to find a fan who didn't know at least one of them .

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Well, the fun starts tonight.

Keys for the Attack will be goaltending and neutralizing the Knights' speed.

We know Oli is going to start the series. We know his numbers are not stellar. I don't think we necessarily need him to put up career-best numbers. We just need him to perform within his capabilities, and to do that consistently. Consistency with him will be the key.

Matchups, for one thing, will be important to contain London's speed. I would prefer not to see Friend on the ice in 4-on-4 or 3-on-3 situations. His footspeed is not the greatest, and this gets exposed with more open ice in those situations. This is going back a ways, but an example of this is the road game in Ottawa in February, where we went into the 3rd up 3-0 and lost in regulation 4-3. Chmelevski burned past him 4-on-4 for the game winner. He is most effective 5-on-5 and also on the PK. I saw him out there 3-on-3 in OT at home to the Soo a couple weekends ago, which I wasn't a big fan of. Same thing goes for McKenzie. He is not the swiftest skater on the team and I saw him out there in 4-on-4 situations vs. Sarnia last weekend. We've got guys with more speed who would do better with all that open ice, IMO.

Let's hope the offense keeps rolling tonight. The Attack will live and die by their offense these playoffs.

Go Attack go!!

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Hoping for a great series! Lots of respect for your Attack who I feel are the clear favourites. And, yes, be prepared for London posters to make their appearance over here. I can guarantee one thing, London fans will be the first to congratulate OS should the Attack win the series (as we did last year against Erie and in previous years). (Well, I'm sure there will be a few London haters who beat us to the punch).

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Lets get ready to Rumble!!!! Almost game time may the best team win! It should be a heck of a series win or lose it should be fun and full of hatered.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
FYI...Marc Bergevin is in the building tonight, for anyone who wants to tell him what they think of McNiven playing pro this year.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
OS did what they had to. Congrats. Better team tonight walked away with the W.

More empty seats than I thought Id see thou. Is it result of weekday game or just 1st rd game? Always been fond of OS ( mentioned in years past on here ) Hope it picks up.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
That was a very close, even fought game.

Fun fact, the Knights score the first goal, but never lead the score after that.

Attack must be faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad