Owen Sound Attack 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Owen Sound should be proud of their team and I'm sure anxiously awaiting next season. Was at the game today and the first 2 periods were played at an unbelievable pace. In the end, Erie's big guns and experience were just too much. I also can't say how impressed I was with Schmaltz's play. What an improvement. With his size I think he has a future in the pros.

Thanks for making the trip up and helping fill the building.

I too thought Smaltz stepped up in the playoffs. He scored some timely goals and was a real a set to the team, using his size well, and his speed surprised me. A good add for the Attack.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Waking up this morning after time to digest the season I echo a lot of other fans sentiments.

The start of the season I had little expectations for the team other than exciting hockey from a group that I thought would be good but not great.

Fast foward to middle of December where a 15 game win streak would be started and a second half of a season that will go down in the history books.

A lament of lack of goal scoring from the roster in the first 10 games, turned into 3 40+ goal scorers and 2 more 30+ goal scorers.

A young defense core lead by WARRIOR Santino Centorame turned in a brilliant performance while missing #2 Jacob Friend. I can't say enough about our captain, he took so many hits, legal and illegal, would come back shift after shift, playing 30+ minutes a game. Yes on occassion he made a mistake or took a penalty but the work effort far outweighed any of that. I had the pleasure of sitting with his parents for a game and they are wonderful people. I watched as his dad shed tears at the last home game of the regular season when Santino was honored. A class captain who will be forever remembered. Speaking of the defense core I would be remiss to not mention Trenton Bourque. I would say he is the most improved on the team this year. He played a ton of important minutes in the second half and was so steady. To think we got him for Jarrett Myer.

A coach who got the most out of his players, a real teacher, you can see on the bench at each opportunity providing input to his players.

A small finnish forward with dazzling speed and skill brought this fan to his feet all season. I hope we can see him back for an OA year but if not thanks for the memories Petey. The Weather Report was the best part of the video stoppages.

Big Rig you came to play every night even when you had limited minutes on the 4th line. Always the first out of the tunnel high fiving the team and fans. When called upon you brought experience and physical play. Good luck in the future.

Cordell James thanks for putting us over the top in the second half. You fit right in and quietly contributed more than we could have expected.

Our top line returns and I can't wait to see what those boys can do next year. I think all 3 will be drafted in the early rounds.

Zippy you found your role as a chippy grinder with touch. Can't wait for your OA year. Thanks for all you do off the ice to, you are a favorite to a lot of kids and always have time for them.

The young guys who filled out the roster you played beyond expectations. I can't wait to see what you all turn into next year after the experienced gained this year and in the playoffs.

The future is bright and next year will be exciting. Thanks for an exciting season. See you all next year. Go Attack Go.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Waking up this morning after time to digest the season I echo a lot of other fans sentiments.

The start of the season I had little expectations for the team other than exciting hockey from a group that I thought would be good but not great.

Fast foward to middle of December where a 15 game win streak would be started and a second half of a season that will go down in the history books.

A lament of lack of goal scoring from the roster in the first 10 games, turned into 3 40+ goal scorers and 2 more 30+ goal scorers.

A young defense core lead by WARRIOR Santino Centorame turned in a brilliant performance while missing #2 Jacob Friend. I can't say enough about our captain, he took so many hits, legal and illegal, would come back shift after shift, playing 30+ minutes a game. Yes on occassion he made a mistake or took a penalty but the work effort far outweighed any of that. I had the pleasure of sitting with his parents for a game and they are wonderful people. I watched as his dad shed tears at the last home game of the regular season when Santino was honored. A class captain who will be forever remembered. Speaking of the defense core I would be remiss to not mention Trenton Bourque. I would say he is the most improved on the team this year. He played a ton of important minutes in the second half and was so steady. To think we got him for Jarrett Myer.

A coach who got the most out of his players, a real teacher, you can see on the bench at each opportunity providing input to his players.

A small finnish forward with dazzling speed and skill brought this fan to his feet all season. I hope we can see him back for an OA year but if not thanks for the memories Petey. The Weather Report was the best part of the video stoppages.

Big Rig you came to play every night even when you had limited minutes on the 4th line. Always the first out of the tunnel high fiving the team and fans. When called upon you brought experience and physical play. Good luck in the future.

Cordell James thanks for putting us over the top in the second half. You fit right in and quietly contributed more than we could have expected.

Our top line returns and I can't wait to see what those boys can do next year. I think all 3 will be drafted in the early rounds.

Zippy you found your role as a chippy grinder with touch. Can't wait for your OA year. Thanks for all you do off the ice to, you are a favorite to a lot of kids and always have time for them.

The young guys who filled out the roster you played beyond expectations. I can't wait to see what you all turn into next year after the experienced gained this year and in the playoffs.

The future is bright and next year will be exciting. Thanks for an exciting season. See you all next year. Go Attack Go.

The only add I have us the countless hours of enjoyment at the Bayshore with fellow Attack fans, the draft day gathering, meeting our first round pick and family, listening to Dale DeGray explain his thoughts on our prospects and team.
It's all good and adds up to a well run and respected hockey programme.

Hope to see you round this summer, Mike . Have a great one!

EpicOtters

Nov 26, 2013
A little late to the party but as an Otters fan, I want to congratulate OS, both organization and fans, on a hard fought series and season.

Owen Sound all around is a class act. From players to coaching to fans. Loved seeing the OS fans in the EIA. Always completely respectful, know their hockey, and support their team no matter what.

You guys have a great team going into next year, and stand easily as my early favorite for 2017-18.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
A little late to the party but as an Otters fan, I want to congratulate OS, both organization and fans, on a hard fought series and season.

Owen Sound all around is a class act. From players to coaching to fans. Loved seeing the OS fans in the EIA. Always completely respectful, know their hockey, and support their team no matter what.

You guys have a great team going into next year, and stand easily as my early favorite for 2017-18.

No truer words EpicOtters, Erie has had a very good club and was a very worthy opponent as a conference final match-up for the Attack.

Good luck in taking on Mississauga Steelheads in the league final the Otters were a worthy a opponent on the ice skill and speed should be play well in the finals. The rivalry between the Attack and Otters has been a real treat to watch as an opponent for the past few years.

Good luck and may the best team stand as league champs in Windsor

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
In Sundays game, near the end of the first period the Attack were assessed a 5 min major penalty and game misconduct to Captain Centorame for a slew foot behind the Attack net.

The play occurred while Cento and an Otters player were battling for position behind the net. Both were tangled for several seconds before they both fell to the ice together.
I honestly didn't see the entire thing so I'll reserve judgement .

Shortly thereafter, while the Atk were killing the penalty, Palmu was assessed a two minute minor for tripping T Raddysh as he skated past Palmu with the puck .

The replay clearly showed Raddysh was clear of Palmu by 3 or four feet, and simply lost an edge and fell.

The referree instantly put up his hand and made the call.

Palmu protested.
The refs held a conference, I don't think they reviewed video, and after several minutes they overturned the call .

I have never, never seem a penalty call overturned like that before.

I've been watching OHL hockey since the 1980s.

Your thoughts ?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
In Sundays game, near the end of the first period the Attack were assessed a 5 min major penalty and game misconduct to Captain Centorame for a slew foot behind the Attack net.

The play occurred while Cento and an Otters player were battling for position behind the net. Both were tangled for several seconds before they both fell to the ice together.
I honestly didn't see the entire thing so I'll reserve judgement .

Shortly thereafter, while the Atk were killing the penalty, Palmu was assessed a two minute minor for tripping T Raddysh as he skated past Palmu with the puck .

The replay clearly showed Raddysh was clear of Palmu by 3 or four feet, and simply lost an edge and fell.

The referree instantly put up his hand and made the call.

Palmu protested.
The refs held a conference, I don't think they reviewed video, and after several minutes they overturned the call .

I have never, never seem a penalty call overturned like that before.

I've been watching OHL hockey since the 1980s.

Your thoughts ?

Refs are what they are in the O. Inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad