Owen Sound Attack 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
We need Gadjovich, James and Schmalz to be physical in front of the net and allow the speed guys to get behind the D. Big game boys. Be relentless. Go Attack Go.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
We are losing too many face offs and board battles. 3 penalties. Come on boys. Turn it up. McNiven is fine

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Good grief the Attack look bad. Chasing all game and getting absolutely shut down

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Good grief the Attack look bad. Chasing all game and getting absolutely shut down

The Attack getting outclassed and stiffed by the refs all the same.

Every Soo goal not a white Jersey in sight.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
What they playing with in Soo , sponge rubber pucks?

Soo players taking liberties now. Wonder how long this goes on before someone punches back?

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
How can it be the refs when they have the same amount of penalties called both ways. Soo just seems way faster than Owen sound

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
How can it be the refs when they have the same amount of penalties called both ways. Soo just seems way faster than Owen sound

Attack has to find a way to slow em down or this thing will be over in a hurry.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Or ref refs doing the 'job' ?

There are some hooks and slashes being let go both ways, but I personally love the speed game. The faster team is always going to get more calls, but they haven't favoured the Hounds much, if at all. It's certainly hasn't been a factor in the results thus far.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Right after I say that, Owen Sound gets a ridiculously favourable call. Speers strips Palmu cleanly and goes on a breakaway. Palmu tries to take down Speers from behind and the call is on Speers.

No complaints of bias or anything from me, but that should make it clear that they aren't favouring the Hounds. I'm still in disbelief.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Right after I say that, Owen Sound gets a ridiculously favourable call. Speers strips Palmu cleanly and goes on a breakaway. Palmu tries to take down Speers from behind and the call is on Speers.

No complaints of bias or anything from me, but that should make it clear that they aren't favouring the Hounds. I'm still in disbelief.

I still hate the refs

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
This is just a beating. The Attack haven't been up against a team this fast and big. The Attack lost and it's their fault not anyone else's.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Well I guess after two games, that animosity McGill spoke of is finally happened.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
This is just a beating. The Attack haven't been up against a team this fast and big. The Attack lost and it's their fault not anyone else's.

The difference a veteran playoff team vs the upstart Attack .

Let's see if they can get back in this at home.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I still hate the refs

That's your prerogative. I thought overall that the Attack were helped by the refs to be honest, unquestionably they were in the second and third.

My 3 stars:

1. Hayton (amazing half game from a rookie)
2. McNiven (It was clear that he's the best goalie in the league tonight)
3. Raaymakers (not tested a ton, but stood tall and stayed consistent)

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Hopefully Dale is reviewing his draft list, and pencilling in some guys to counter this in the future

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I guess if we look back, the Attack have dictated play in just about every game they've played for the past 4 months and just are not used to chasing the game like they have the past 2 games. Unfortunately, they are not responding very well. Win or lose, this series is going to be a very good learning experience for this young team.

I agree, the Soo seem like a vastly more experienced team. Their size and speed are reminiscent of the '15 Oshawa Generals.

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
Kudo's to the Hounds they have totally outplayed the Attack and their defence is smothering. 0 for 9 on the PP. :(

It seems like they find a way to get a stick on every pass the Attack attempt.

Raaymakers has totally outplayed McNiven who is fighting the puck and giving out rebounds like candy on Halloween.

The Attack better find their MOJO or this series ends on Tuesday! :help:

Last edited:

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015

Credit where due. The Hounds are on a 5 GM playoff winning streak, outscoring the opposition 22-6.

This team could be hard to stop.

special teams in the tank.

O- fer on the pp, surrendered 3 pp goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad