GDT: OvsP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Corrected for league worst PK Talbots stats are basically middle of the road. Not sure where you are citing from in anycase or how you figure its out of 39.

Plus the Oilers, as a team, are among the 4th worst GA teams in the league and so it stands to reason that the Stats of the goalie would be among the worst.

This just in. Bad teams with questionable defence allow a lot of goals and the goalies stats end up looking bad.
No it's only the goalie... It's certainly not the mediocre defense (healthy or not), the crappy team defense...

Ah you've heard this schtick already. Montoya is actually legitimately terrible. Thanks for wasting a 4th on him, Chia.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
A big if at this point, as the book is out on him. Shoot high glove and its prob going in. Its been a weakness in the NHL, just gets exposed way ore since everyone knows it now.

The book is out on you. ;)

Gee, focus on any other player at least once in awhile to mix it up. Variety is the spice of life.

yes Talbot was a tire fire in the last game. But he had some good results in February and did steal a game or two imo.

Reactions: LaGu

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
After searching for another defenseman for a funny name pairing with Bear, I have learned there is a dire shortage of defensemen with animal last names in the league.

You'd think more present day NHL D would be animals. ;)

Especially in the wild and wooly WC. Back in the 90's most of the WC D were animals. Well, not in name but there were a lot of missing links D found in dead puck era. Derian Hatcher looked like a Neanderthal or Cro magnon man. Always thought he should be more honest and just carry a club instead of a stick. Clubbing is all he used it for.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The book is out on you. ;)

Gee, focus on any other player at least once in awhile to mix it up. Variety is the spice of life.

yes Talbot was a tire fire in the last game. But he had some good results in February and did steal a game or two imo.
The one thing I put squarely on Talbot is allowing a goal on the first shot what? 9 times or is it 10 now? That’s ridiculous.

Reactions: Aerrol

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Corrected for league worst PK Talbots stats are basically middle of the road. Not sure where you are citing from in anycase or how you figure its out of 39.

Plus the Oilers, as a team, are among the 4th worst GA teams in the league and so it stands to reason that the Stats of the goalie would be among the worst.

This just in. Bad teams with questionable defence allow a lot of goals and the goalies stats end up looking bad.

See hes been fine folks

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Talbot ranked 35th out of 39th for NHL goalies in GAA
Ranked last of staters in Losses
Ranked 36 out of 39th for Save %
Ranked last for shutouts with 1

Wow what a train wreck of a season, but according to Oiler fans hes been fine this year.
He started the season with a shutout too lol

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
After searching for another defenseman for a funny name pairing with Bear, I have learned there is a dire shortage of defensemen with animal last names in the league.

Look no further than our own system, friend.

Dillon-Ethan

3hjkQka.gif

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Talbot's not been great, but that also tends to happen with a goalie playing behind a bad defence.

The reality we just don't have assets/cap room to expend massively now on goaltending of all things.

We have major problems elsewhere, I kinda think you have to give Talbot another shot next year just given the circumstances.

It's remarkable after 3 years, Chiarelli has a team that has major red flags at every positon though. Forward, D, and goalie all have serious problems.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
McLellan answer for almost any other player; You have to work for your minutes, prove you deserve them and make the team give you minutes and assignments through your efforts.

McLellan answer on Lucic; "We have to get him back where he needs to be"

Double standard. My hypothesis is its Chia directing the play Lucic with McD mandate. Even though Lucic does nothing to help our topline.

You could be right. Chia did sound like he had a mancrush on Lucic when he signed him. He acted like he was Lucic's dad or something. But we will likely never know if hes telling TM to play Lucic more.

But for me personally I dont really see Chiarelli's influence on the coaching staff on how he thinks they should coach and what personnel they should be using. Quite a few times in Chiarelli interviews , I get the impression that he thinks that young players need to get incorporated into the line up better. TM has been so stubborn to make some changes to the team, especially special teams and younger players. You would think if Chiarelli wanted TM to play Camalleri more to maybe get some trade value out of him, that he would of got less playtime after the trade deadline but he really hasnt. You would of thought that Maroon would of got more time with McDavid prior to the trade deadline to boost his trade value, but he didnt. I dont really get the impression that TM has used Strome the way Chiarelli intended to use him when he traded for him. I got more of an impression that Chiarelli wanted to use Draisaitl as a center coming into the year and TM didnt really put him on his own line for like 25 games into the season. I personally dont think Chiarelli is really telling TM to do anything or if he is, TM isnt really listening to him.

Theres a lot of people who believe that the GM should be the GM and he should let the coach, coach. I see more of that with the Oilers.

I would argue really that someone should be telling TM what to do because for the most part, everything he has done this year, has been a failure. It hasnt seemed like Chiarelli and TM have been on the same page all year and theres a communication rift between the two.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Not all shots are created equal. The Oilers have a very bad penchant for not starting games on time.
Don’t disagree but these all grade A chances. Talbot is included amongst the oilers who haven’t started enough games on time.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
We would all be dead by the 2nd period.

Especially if you add a double shot for every time they catch MacL jamming more gum in his craw after a goal.

Lurch needs to grab someone early and punch till it's pulpy. Goals be damned...

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Talbot ranked 35th out of 39th for NHL goalies in GAA
Ranked last of staters in Losses
Ranked 36 out of 39th for Save %
Ranked last for shutouts with 1

Wow what a train wreck of a season, but according to Oiler fans hes been fine this year.

I dont think too many fans would agree with this sentiment

I would however say that the reason we are so bad is NOT because of Talbot. I feel even if was an average goalie we would still suck.
You cant ask a goalie to stand on his head for us season after season and not suffer in play. This season is hopefully a write off and Talbs will be back to him old self next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad