GDT: OvsP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
There's a game today between two teams. Things could happen but they likely won't. I figured instead of worrying about the result of the game we can talk about other things related to the game.

Over/under on the number of times our historically bad home PK gets mentioned?

How many power plays will we get?

How many times will Kevin Quinn either botch pronunciation of a name or just flat out call the wrong name?

Can Aberg score against his old team, assuming he even plays?

Will Bear make his NHL debut?

Can Talbot/whoever save the first shot of the game?

Over/under on number of times that dumb Telus commercial will air?

How many missed calls will there be on McDavid?

Can Lucic final sco-ahahahahanohewon't.

and so forth. Feel free to make up your own questions about the game. Or just talk about other things. I don't think too many fans really care about this game.

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I hope Bear gets in the line up, I hope Lucic sits and I hope they battle hard, because tonight is going to be very tough.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Nice idea GK. With a potential add-on:
Anybody wanna make a drinking game out of these?

1 Shot

- The phrase "historically bad home PK" gets mentioned
- If we get a powerplay
- If Aberg scores
- Drew Remenda says "Wow"
- Missed McDavid penalty
- Subban interference that doesn't get called

Double Shots

- Camera pans to T. Mac looking down at the replay
- Kevin Quinn mess up
- Bear Scores

Chug that Bottle

- Lucic scores
- We win the inevitable offside challenge
- We get scored on with the 1st shot
- Subban interference that gets called
- T. Mac shows any sort of emotion

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
Nice idea GK. With a potential add-on:
Anybody wanna make a drinking game out of these?

1 Shot

- The phrase "historically bad home PK" gets mentioned
- If we get a powerplay
- If Aberg scores
- Drew Remenda says "Wow"
- Missed McDavid penalty
- Subban interference that doesn't get called

Double Shots

- Camera pans to T. Mac looking down at the replay
- Kevin Quinn mess up
- Bear Scores

Chug that Bottle

- Lucic scores
- We win the inevitable offside challenge
- We get scored on with the 1st shot
- Subban interference that gets called
- T. Mac shows any sort of emotion

Alcohol poisoning

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Alcohol poisoning

giphy.gif

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I predict the oilers can score one goal.
two, if McDavid is having a good day.

I'm assuming Talbot is playing.

crap. trying to be honest and a realist but not too negative.
ok. going to be positive and say the Oilers have a good game and only lose by a score of 4-2.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Only tuning in to see Bear, Eh-berg and McDavid. Okay add Drai to that list. Nurse too. Actually I'm looking forward to a painful loss.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
My favorite Quinnisms tend to be around his inane misunderstanding of basic counting numbers and stats. Stuff like Maroon has only scored 2 goals in his last 9 games (how much is he supposed to score) or X other player is hot scoring 3 goals in last 10 games. He almost always confuses himself and his phrasing of whether a stat is good, bad, or average is whacked. Its as if he has no understanding of stats at all. He can't differentiate between one that is significant and a stat that is simply random. I think there must be a couple people in the film crew feeding him some of this stuff as he'll state anything in a prompter no matter how stupid. They should put in that Putin and the Russians invaded Calgary and see if he states that.

This season my favorite is Quinn referencing "Oilers are really good against the Pacific division" stat. He trotted this out yet again in Sharks game saying the Oilers were 12-6-1 and really great against Pacific division. The Oilers predictably lost that game and are 12-7-1 now. But more importantly its long passed the time to be talking about that stat.

The Oilers were somehow at 10-1 on that stat earlier in the season which was freakishly good and more of an unexplained anomaly than anything else. for instance things like beating Vegas who were playing a 5th string goalie due to injuries. But the Oilers now being 12-7-1 means that since the anomaly they are actually 2-6-1 against Pacific clubs since they were hot against them. In otherwords the Oilers are no longer hot, or good against Pacific clubs. They're actually getting beat by them consistently now. But Quinn has no seeming awareness of how the numbers have changed even though he quotes it every Pacific contest. lol if Quinn still quotes the stat when the Oilers are 12-10-1 against pacific. In Bettman 3 pt NHL such a record would actually be slightly under average.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Take a drink every-time someone in this thread uses Lucid and ****, in the same sentence...

I which Lucic was Lucid. I'd drink just to that..;)

Most of the time he looks like a hockey playing zombie. Seriously if there was a zombie playing hockey you would expect it to look like this, make choppy movements, have zero hand eye coordination, whiff on everything, comical passing, and trying to eat other players occasionally.

For shit and giggles I pretend he's a zombie sometimes while watching his famous passing replays. Or his lmao one timers. Count the number of times the puck hits the dasher while Lucic is swinging his stick. Then think what his batting average would be in baseball.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
lol 28buck tickets for sale tonights game. haha, this is 90's suck resale prices back again. I wish there was still scalping at the venue. You wouldn't have to pay the ticketmaster markup and added charges.

lol, also Sky tickets available for 89bucks. Free meals with that for around the same price as the usual lowest priced ticket at Rogers. I believe these tickets are regularly around 230bucks. If anybody out there is hungry..

Reactions: Aerrol

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Good news, Bear is making is NHL debut tonight. Good for him.

Bad News, Larsson is head to Sweden for his father's funeral and will miss tonight and next game I believe. I hope the young man is coping ok. His dad was younger then mine, and I can't even fathom how crushed I'd be if I lost my father...sorry for the bring down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad