Ovechkin's OTR Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Ovechkin was interviewed on "Off the Record" on TSN. I didn't see it, but heard it was pretty good. Ovechkin said Russian women are the best looking in the world or something. Can anyone who saw it give us the highlights of questions/answers?

JP

Nov 2, 2005
haha I saw it, I even taped it! Ovechkin doesn't speaks english really well but at least he's trying!

I think he said he likes to watch sportscenter and Landsberg asked who do you like to see? and he said "Me"! lol he cracks me up, AO is god lol! He said growind up his favorite north american players were Iginla, Nolan and Lemieux. He likes to win because it's fun in the dressing room afterwards. He of course loves to score goals.

They talked about last year when he and the russians lost to canada in the WJc. That he got hit a lot and got injured and missed 2 months in Russia. He wanted to come here last year but with the lock-out he couldn't and that was 50/50 for him cause at least he played in Russia and won the championship there. The funniest thing was that they asked him about the breakaway move he did with his leg up! He said he didn't learned that he just does it. Then 2 days ago crosby does the same move and people are going crazy about it! It's funny, I guess crosby watched AO's interview and took his move lol!

Landsberg made him talk about crosby and that he won rookie of the month last month, he said he's happy for him and that crosby's a really good player. Then I guess Landsberg wanting to make him say "me" again asked him: Who do you want to see win rookie of the month next month? I also tought he was gonna say himself but surprinsingly he said, Phaneuf! haha that's nice cause Phaneuf is one of my favorite so it's nice to see AO said Phaneuf! By the way he said "Phaneuf" with his russian accent which sounds funny to me lol!

He said he likes to hit! Damn we saw it again tonight he threw a big hit! He also said that he's having the best time of his life, He didn't come here to watch the white house he came to play hockey. You can see he's having a good time, he was really enthousiastic, he was smiling a lot! AO seems like a really fun guy! It was a really nice interview!

I'm sure i forgot to mention some stuff but at least you got that, I taped it so i'll go watch it again and if there's anything else important i'll let you know!

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Thanks! Hes a great guy! I liked the part about Phaneuf.

Now I started imagining those two on the same line! :eek:

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Best part...

Landsberg: "Sidney has all-stars and Hall of Famers on his team... You don't...(?)"

Ovechkin: " So what?"

:biglaugh:

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Corto said:
Best part...

Landsberg: "Sidney has all-stars and Hall of Famers on his team... You don't...(?)"

Ovechkin: " So what?"

:biglaugh:

That's awesome!

It is amazing to me how much charisma this guy has considering he barely speaks english...his enthusiasm has rubbed off on the whole team and to me they seem like a tight knit bunch that really like each other....I bet thats a fun locker room

espo*

The guy sure seems like a good kid and he's got charisma.Good for the league.

Michael Morbid

Jun 11, 2004
PBC
Did he talk about chocolate? Almost every interview i've read with him, he talks about eating chocolate and going to Starbucks cause he can't cook.

Funny kid, good charisma, an asset to the NHL.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
John Vanbiesbrouck said:
Did he talk about chocolate? Almost every interview i've read with him, he talks about eating chocolate and going to Starbucks cause he can't cook.

Hah hah... I think he mentioned it in one interview, but the comment gets tagged on to every piece done on Ovechkin. I am sure the journalists will eventually get "fresh" quotes from him. ;)

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
John Vanbiesbrouck said:

Yes, apparenty since his mom left to Russia, he has been eating solely at Starbucks and McDonalds. Someone with cooking skills, for the sake of the future of hockey, please volunteer your services!

We dont want Ovechkin going crazy with the 7/11 hotdogs a la Makarov or whoever it was.

pens66

AO has more charisma than crosby. Crosby's voice is so monotone and robotic, he's a pretty lame interview.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
Watching the Caps against the Devils. Ovechkin is flat-out scary. The only player I can compare him to is Lindors in his early years in the NHL. Ovechkin doesn't have #88's physical presence, but he sure seems to have more brains.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
pens66 said:
AO has more charisma than crosby. Crosby's voice is so monotone and robotic, he's a pretty lame interview.
So true. I like Crosby and is very professional and that is the problem; when you're too professional, you become boring. Ovechkin is head and shoulders above Sid when it comes to charisma. AO cracks me up... in a good way.

Transported Upstater

pens66 said:

Crosby's had to deal with the glare of the spotlight in a way few hockey players have, so forgive him if he is a bit stoic.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
TransportedUpstater said:
Crosby's had to deal with the glare of the spotlight in a way few hockey players have, so forgive him if he is a bit stoic.

Yeah and being dubbed the next Wayne Gretzky doesn't help either... he's had to learn how to keep his ego from inflating...

I'm absolutely in love with AO. Finally a young russian superstar that has a head on his shoulders, and can hit!

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
MooseHunter said:
Yeah and being dubbed the next Wayne Gretzky doesn't help either... he's had to learn how to keep his ego from inflating...

I'm absolutely in love with AO. Finally a young russian superstar that has a head on his shoulders, and can hit!

Sometimes having an ego is a good thing. AO is colorful and knows he's the $h*t - but Alex is still very respectful to fans, veterans and the league.

Despite probably giving hundreds of interviews, Crosby's still a robot. If they hadn't done that dryer segment on Jay Leno I would have fallen asleep.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
"If coach tell me to play defense, I play defense. If coach tell me to take hit, I take it."

AO is quickly becomming one of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad