Ovechkin's OTR Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebecca

Nov 1, 2005
Ptbo
pens66 said:
AO has more charisma than crosby. Crosby's voice is so monotone and robotic, he's a pretty lame interview.

I think part of the "problem" with Crosby might be that he's been so media-trained that they've coached the personality right out of him. So he always says the "right thing" and comes off a certain way, which is great for the people who market him... but not so great for those of us looking for a good sound bite.

Ovechkin is a nice contrast in that regard, certainly.

Rebecca

Nov 1, 2005
Ptbo
TransportedUpstater said:
Crosby's had to deal with the glare of the spotlight in a way few hockey players have, so forgive him if he is a bit stoic.

Indeed. I think his handlers (and he himself) do deserve a lot of credit for how they've dealt with it, even if the final product is somewhat "robotic". That said, I'm still going to turn to Ovechkin when I'm looking for a good soundbite ;)

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
It's also possible that Crosby actually believes what he says. You can talk about coaching the personality out of him all you want, but he certainly shows a lot of what he preaches on the ice.

I like both of these kids, but the constant analysis and disecting of what they're doing is ridiculous. Especially the comments about stealing a move; it says more about the particular poster, than it does about either of these two. Stealing a move, GTFOH.

I hope I get to see the kid's interview. :)

Rebecca

Nov 1, 2005
Ptbo
BigE said:
It's also possible that Crosby actually believes what he says. You can talk about coaching the personality out of him all you want, but he certainly shows a lot of what he preaches on the ice.

That's certainly so. I didn't mean to make excuses for him. There isn't anything wrong with the way he interviews, afterall. I was just throwing out an idea.

I like both of these kids, but the constant analysis and disecting of what they're doing is ridiculous. Especially the comments about stealing a move; it says more about the particular poster, than it does about either of these two. Stealing a move, GTFOH.

Agreed. I read almost every Crosby or Ovechkin thread just to giggle. Surely I'm not the only one?

rydlar

Aug 2, 2005
I heard the interview on OTR too.. that's one of the things that has swayed me into the AO camp. Just a damn good guy it seems who really enjoys the game and will do whatever it takes. Probably the finest attitude I've ever seen from a european born player (at least one that's the franchise-player).

Kudos to AO... may his career be great!

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Count me in for the AO fan club as well. He seems like a great kid.

Thanks to ice berg slim for the interview.

Randall Graves*

John Vanbiesbrouck said:
Did he talk about chocolate? Almost every interview i've read with him, he talks about eating chocolate and going to Starbucks cause he can't cook.

Funny kid, good charisma, an asset to the NHL.
and yet the NHL does not market him...oh wait they don't market anybody.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Corto said:
Best part...

Landsberg: "Sidney has all-stars and Hall of Famers on his team... You don't...(?)"

Ovechkin: " So what?"

:biglaugh:

Ovechkin said: "So what, I've got Zubrus, Halpern, Kolzig. They help me/teach me things"

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
can someone help i can't watch the video through WMP ?? it keeps on saying "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

???

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Great interview; the kid has got a good head on his shoulders and has the potential to become the greatest Russian NHLer of all-time.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Just watched the video. You could tell he was struggling a bit with english, but that he is definitely enjoying his time in DC. Its great to see him happy and his smile is infectious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->