Ovechkin to stay in Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
octopi said:
I believe you're right, altho I've seen some(not nearly as much) disparagement of Crosby as well... I think they'll both be great! Now if only Crosby can somehow end up on the Wings ... ;)
Just keep him out of Atlanta . . . .

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Epsilon said:
What's more likely is what Alex Frolov is doing right now, signing with Omsk and then saying that he won't sign with LA unless they match his deal. Since he's already fulfilled his rookie contract obligations he can play where ever the most money is and then just let the years tick off.

Um, how does playing in Europe give him years of service in the NHL (aka "the years tick off")?

You can't play 3 years, skip off for 4, then come back and say "Yoohoo, Unrestricted free agent man, that's 7, count'em, 7 years of service!".

I guess this means I qualify for a pension from McDonalds, after all 40 years ago I worked there for a year.

Last edited:

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
PecaFan said:
Um, how does playing in Europe give him years of service in the NHL (aka "the years tick off")?

You can't play 3 years, skip off for 4, then come back and say "Yoohoo, Unrestricted free agent man, that's 7, count'em, 7 years of service!".

I guess this means I qualify for a pension from McDonalds, after all 40 years ago I worked their for a year.

Well, by the time he's 27 (four more years), UFA age will be down to 27. Service years be damned then.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
ChillyWilly said:
People whined about Jagr?

Ovechkin is a whole new breed of spoiled brat.

There were thousands of Canadian players who acted worse. What is ayour point.

Lindros refusing to play for a team which drafted him, showing his racism and later throwing a beer mug at the girl
Thorton alegedly raping a girl
Sakic and Fluery the famous bang club for playing time in junior
Fleury the crackhead
Belfour trying to bribe a policeman with 1 billion dollras
Karia holding three times Anaheim for a raise.
The list is endless

And you talking about Jagr

What is wrong to show heart and emotions to play for your country as in case with Ovechkin

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
ChillyWilly said:
People whined about Jagr?

Ovechkin is a whole new breed of spoiled brat.

There were thousands of Canadian players who acted worse. What is ayour point.

Lindros refusing to play for a team which drafted him, showing his racism and later throwing a beer mug at the girl
Thorton alegedly raping a girl
Sakic and Fluery the famous bang club for playing time in junior
Fleury the crackhead
Belfour trying to bribe a policeman with 1 billion dollras
Karia holding three times Anaheim for a raise.
The list is endless

And you talking about Jagr

What is wrong to show heart and emotions to play for your country as in case with Ovechkin

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
sveiglar said:
Well, by the time he's 27 (four more years), UFA age will be down to 27. Service years be damned then.

Ok, wasn't thinking he was that old already.

But still, it isn't going to happen. Going off for four years, playing in a second rate league, and some team is going to throw big money his way after not playing NHL calibre talent for five+ years? Not a chance.

If someone is in a real terrible spot and absolutely hates their situation in the NHL, then there's a small chance of this sort of thing happening. But most will just ask for a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad