Ovechkin is fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
littleHossa said:
No there's no typo... and I did say that it was as far as I remembered it might not be 100% accurate, where's the error though?

Apparently you didn't figure it out but, 100X100 gives a square shape.

Have you ever seen a pro game of hockey played on that kind of surface?

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
littleHossa said:
No there's no typo... and I did say that it was as far as I remembered it might not be 100% accurate, where's the error though?

I think 100 X 85 is half a standard rink so arguably you're half right or 50% accurate. :)

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
WOW!!!! I thought Ovechkin was fast, but I didn't know he was THIS fast!!! Are you sure the competition was around a European-size rink? I know the rink itself was a European rink but is anybody SURE they didn't only race around part of it the size of an NHL rink or something? Did anybody see it? I just wan't to be sure, because this is amazing if it's true. This would mean that he's faster than Marian Gaborik.

It was on euro rink, but the text said that the corners were easier to take than on a NHL rink. Now I don't know what they ment, maybe the cones were not that wide, or maybe the rink it self is easier to skate. But in the same text, they pointed out that Ovechkin had a bad stroke, and that he could have even done better.. can't find the material :banghead:

I'll check for the article tomorrow.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Slick Nick said:
It was on euro rink, but the text said that the corners were easier to take than on a NHL rink. Now I don't know what they ment, maybe the cones were not that wide, or maybe the rink it self is easier to skate. But in the same text, they pointed out that Ovechkin had a bad stroke, and that he could have even done better.. can't find the material :banghead:

I'll check for the article tomorrow.

Pretty easy to understand. Many fast players lost time when turning. European rinks are larger, hence longer, but it also mean the curves are easier to take at top speed and those players might be even able to take 1 or 2 strokes more while turning allowing more speed.

In Anyways you take it, he's fast...

Edit: Example: fast skating is composed of 2 categories: Courte piste and Longue piste (in french, not sure in english --> Small track and Long Track???) The competitors in a Long track event are taking strokes from the start to the end while in the Small track, they are mostly skating 3/4 of the time and trying not to lost control while turning around the corners...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad