Out of Town - Who's your team during these Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Murray was flat out awful the past two games. Must be nice to have a team in front of him.
Well most teams dont gave to count on their goaltender to get 100 per cent of their wins.

and they know its just stupid to have your highest paid and most talented athlete in net.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'm already sick of the Hamburglar storyline

I've been sick of it since day 1. You can't even fathom how much i hate stories like that. I have no problem if the guy is the real deal like Thomas but every time i see the Hamburglar i see a bad AHL goalie even when he's doing well.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Subban looks laser-focused.

This will be a game for the ages IMO. The hard-working underdogs VS talent.

Avalanche not foreign to this battle but historically, they've been the talented ones. I remember watching Colorado VS Florida in 1996, and that goal by Uwe Krupp allowed the Avs to win their first cup, downing a group of hardened middle range veterans and one especially stubborn goalie.

They've been Goliath. Tonight they get to continue to show they can handle that slingshot.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Subban looks laser-focused.

This will be a game for the ages IMO. The hard-working underdogs VS talent.

Avalanche not foreign to this battle but historically, they've been the talented ones. I remember watching Colorado VS Florida in 1996, and that goal by Uwe Krupp allowed the Avs to win their first cup, downing a group of hardened middle range veterans and one especially stubborn goalie.

They've been Goliath. Tonight they get to continue to show they can handle that slingshot.

I know the AVs are the underdogs, but that first line is ridiculously stacked.

Reactions: PaulD

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
What makes it worse is most of those 11 came from the stick of Radulov either by scoring or assisting on a play where he did most of the work. The whole team went MIA including our supposed playoffs warriors.
They can work hard all they want, but lacking in scoring talent is something that cannot be fixed. Even Markov and Weber are not guys who bring it come playoff time and their production tanks. Falling in love with undertalented guys like Shaw, who benefited in no small part to playing with a HoF winger and a damn good center is part of the reason this team can't score.
Even Byron, a supposed 20 goal scorer, cannot produce in the playoffs because he's a one-trick pony who doesn't shoot enough to become a deadly force. He's a guy who needs an entire season to accumulate 20, but he cannot string together multiple goals in a game or in consecutive games because he fails to create shooting opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad