Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Could be...

Except that far worse knobish behaviour by far less accomplished players & community contributors simply does not attract the same degree of vitriol.

Pretending that colour isn't a major component of how PK is perceived is to ignore the systemic and pervasive colour bias that is deeply ingrained in our society.
Fair enough.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Funny to see the different perceptions between markets... People in MTL media think Subban is #4 in Nashville, and they say he's been invisible in the playoffs... Yet, here's what someone covering the Avs wrote, prior to tonight's game:

The top pairing of P.K. Subban and Matthias Ekholm has been lights out all series so with the Preds having home ice advantage, Peter Laviolette is going to be able to match them up with the MacKinnon line as much as he wants.

Game day thread and preview: Colorado Avalanche look to stay alive in Game 5

It's not necessarily different perspectives. It's about honesty.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Of course he's not the reason we suck. We suck because we use 3rd liners in our top 6 and AHL dmen in our top 4. My post was not one to diminish Byron. He is a terrific 3rd line player. But there's no comparison to be made between him and AG. AG is the better player and when both will have retired AG will be the one with the most productive career.

One day we will have to accept AG is a winger and need a center and stop criticizing him for not being one. If he's not a center then you can't ask him to produce 60 points with the likes of DLR, Danault and end of career Plekasex. And don't get me wrong i like DLR and Danault. Perfect 3rd line center and 4th line center. Two guys who work hard and play a good 200 foots game. But those are not centers who will help a winger to generate offense. There's not even 10 wingers in this league able to generate offense by themselves. There's Kane, Ovy, Kucherov, Hall, maybe Gaudreau, Pasternak, Panarin. The others are mostly all debatable.

47 wingers did 50+ points this seasons. So AG is already in the top 50 when it comes to wingers. And most of them played with far better centers than Danault and DLR. Just look at the difference in production between Radulov this season and last. He did 56 points playing with Danault and he did 72 playing with Seguin. That's 28% more points than last year. That's a huge difference.

BTW we do have first liner players. We just don't have first line centers to play with our first line wingers. Now do any of our first line wingers is elite? The answer is no. But they are first liner wingers providing they play with a first line center.
Galchenyuk and drouin are not 1st liners
The closest we had is Pacioretty before this season

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Galchenyuk and drouin are not 1st liners
The closest we had is Pacioretty before this season

AG ranks 93rd in the league for points among forwards playing with a very bad quality of centers and having a low amount of TOI for a top 6 player. Patch and AG are first line wingers providing they play with a real first line center.

There's a difference between top in the league and 1st line. Are they top in the league? No. But they are first line quality. The lack of top 6 centers hurt them offensively speaking. Hell i would be perfectly comfortable with Gallagher and AG on the first line if we had prime time Bergeron as a first line center.

AG-prime Bergeron-Gallagher is a perfectly capable first line. I like Danault but he's overrated on this board.

Patch before this season was an elite winger BTW. He was top 10 in the league for goals playing with DD and Plekasex. Don't know what happened to him but he regressed a lot since the beginning of 2017.

Last edited:

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
come on now, including those in skills ????

sure can, that's wha he does with the Habs right ? and it sure helps them make the PO and helps them in those like we saw last season...

Youre free to refuse to recognize Paul Byron's hockey abilities but it doesnt erase them. He's a darn good hockey player and a valuable asset, relatively speaking. No he's not a star but definitely a piece of the solution. I dont buy the attitude meme by MB but Byron has the right one for sure. Obviously he's not supposed to be in your top 6 but he's our best grinder by far and you need a healthy mix of different style of players to win.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
If I was a Wild fan I'd go and buy a box of tomatoes right at this moment, then I'd go to the airport and wait and then throw them at the players, they must be the meekest team on the block.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Youre free to refuse to recognize Paul Byron's hockey abilities but it doesnt erase them. He's a darn good hockey player and a valuable asset, relatively speaking. No he's not a star but definitely a piece of the solution. I dont buy the attitude meme by MB but Byron has the right one for sure. Obviously he's not supposed to be in your top 6 but he's our best grinder by far and you need a healthy mix of different style of players to win.

I dont think you do bad if hes in your top 6. 31 out of 31 teams in the league have this type of player in their top 6, even Winnipeg has Perrault whos similar.

Well before the addition of Stastny.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
AG ranks 93rd in the league for points among forwards playing with a very bad quality of centers and having a low amount of TOI for a top 6 player. Patch and AG are first line wingers providing they play with a real first line center.

There's a difference between top in the league and 1st line. Are they top in the league? No. But they are first line quality. The lack of top 6 centers hurt them offensively speaking. Hell i would be perfectly comfortable with Gallagher and AG on the first line if we had prime time Bergeron as a first line center.

AG-prime Bergeron-Gallagher is a perfectly capable first line. I like Danault but he's overrated on this board.

Patch before this season was an elite winger BTW. He was top 10 in the league for goals playing with DD and Plekasex. Don't know what happened to him but he regressed a lot since the beginning of 2017.
Sorry man. 93rd does not make you a first liner regardless of who you’re playing wiTh
And I said Patches was. Pacioretty took too
Much heat from us fans and was in the top 10 for Goals over the last 5 years
We need a 1st line centre and a 2nd line centre this off season of we have any chance of competing

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Then what is? top 30. Like there's no even 1 player by team better than you. Let's just agree to disagree then.
A player 6 years in Thats never hit 60 pts is not a first line player. No chance
So we will agree to disagree

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Yup. You know little about hockey.
John Tavares won’t sign in Montreal because Paul Byron a 20 goal , 3rd line winger is making 3million. Lol lol. Obviously you don’t know much how hockey teams are assembled. You need 4 lines
Paul Byron is useful player. Has 13 less goals than Galchenyuk over the last 3 years playing THIRD line and little PP.
man get a clue. You’re embarrassing yourself
Byron has more goals that Drouin last 3 years. Clearly deserves more than 5M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad