Out of town thread: Where the grass is ALWAYS greener!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Horvat is fun to watch no?
Pretty inconsistent imo. Boeser has looked much better. Of course I don't watch that many Canucks games because tickets are crazy expensive, but Horvat played really well in one of the bunch of games I watched.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I just saw some highlights from the Edmonton game. The goal that Talbot got pull for he spent that whole sequence on his knees. If he were standing that wouldn't have gone in. I never played goalie in hockey but to me that seems like something you do when you aren't sure of yourself.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I just saw some highlights from the Edmonton game. The goal that Talbot got pull for he spent that whole sequence on his knees. If he were standing that wouldn't have gone in. I never played goalie in hockey but to me that seems like something you do when you aren't sure of yourself.

That's an acceptable posture, it's called the reverse VH. Quick popularized and revolutionized this movement during his Conn Smythe run. All goalies do it. However, once the puck comes from above the faceoff dot, you come out of it. Talbot stayed in it and he's no longer covering the angle because the puck has enough time to elevate to the upper portion of the net.

Reactions: groovejuice

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

The puck was in the corner, he was basically protecting his post and the bottom of the net. He couldn't see a thing, standing up would have freed more space in goal imo (I'm not a goalie expert but most goalies do that)

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
The Oilers and Talbot are killing my pool so far.

I picked St-Louis at first in the Western conference and changed it for Edmonton a few days later...

Mistakes were made.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
After last season and the playoffs Oiler fans thought they were well on their way to being legit cup contenders. Bummer. :)

I won't be smiling if they win the lottery and get yet another 1st overall this year though.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
After last season and the playoffs Oiler fans thought they were well on their way to being legit cup contenders. Bummer. :)

I won't be smiling if they win the lottery and get yet another 1st overall this year though.

Would have preferred the Leafs being the posers.

Reactions: sheed36

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Oilers better step up. Bergevin has an excuse all ready. "Well you look at the Edmonton Oilers who many thought were a cup contender have a disappointing year too, it happens."

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
Seriously, just saw the Edmonton score. Holy crap, we should really start talking to their fans. I mean, how do they cope with so much suckage? We're evidently headed in the same direction so we could use some counseling.

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
Not sure what's happening in Colorado but just heard that Sven andrighetto is a healthy scratch tonight

Anyone have an insight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad