Out of town thread: Where the grass is ALWAYS greener!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Yes it is nice to see but it seems that our team is trending toward the dead puck era, are we trend setters or something?

I forget who said it on twitter, but someone commented that Bergevin has built a great D...if it were 2002.

Made me laugh. It’s so f***ing true. :help:

Reactions: OldCraig71

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Blah. He looked good last playoffs. But you're right, he doesn't look all that impressive from what I've seen and his decision making and dare I say compete level has been questionable this season.
He is way less physical also. He's never been a hammer but before he liked to throw the body from time to time.

He also seems to use his big wind up slapper way less. Leads ne to believe somethings still wrong with his back

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Well, you’re wrong. He is garbage.

He has no hockey sense.
I'll watch for that coach.

But if Dutchy is "garbage"

Then entire Habs forward roster is burnt rubbish. :help:

Fact is garbage far too harsh a term to describe Dutchy.

He would be the best "garbage" the Canadiens have had down the middle in 10 years had Bargain

bin acquired him. :nod:

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
He is way less physical also. He's never been a hammer but before he liked to throw the body from time to time.

He also seems to use his big wind up slapper way less. Leads ne to believe somethings still wrong with his back
Maybe there is something up with him physically. He doesn't look good right now. He didn't look good either last fall but sure came around as the season wore on. I just wonder if it's a but of all around complacency that comes with playing 80+ games year in year out.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I forget who said it on twitter, but someone commented that Bergevin has built a great D...if it were 2002.

Made me laugh. It’s so ****ing true. :help:
Wrong. Scott Stevens, Scott Niedermayer, and Brian Rafalski were the top 3 D on the 2001-2002 and 2002-2003 Devils. Shea Weber is nowhere near any of those three and the rest would have only been good on the the third pair. Talent is talent and HOF talent is something Cup teams usually have somewhere.

Reactions: Deluded Puck

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The Jets are playing some great hockey and yet you hardly hear anything about them. The Leafs are not the only team in Canada with loads of young talented players but yet you only seem to hear about one of them.

Reactions: Disturbed1

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Boy was I hoping we would get him in the draft.

I remember a specific ex scout who would frequent these boards telling me that he wouldn't score at this level.
I also liked him, but didn't expect him to be this good. I was at the game last night, and he stole the show. I was more impressed with him than Horvat.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I also liked him, but didn't expect him to be this good. I was at the game last night, and he stole the show. I was more impressed with him than Horvat.

Was never that high on Horvat. He's just another case of a big bodied center with average skills across the board who's smart defensively.

Overrated by scouts and GMs. Boeser and Pettersson will be the key pieces to the Canucks resurgence.

Disturbed1

Dale ****ing Weise
Dec 31, 2010
Canada
The Jets are playing some great hockey and yet you hardly hear anything about them. The Leafs are not the only team in Canada with loads of young talented players but yet you only seem to hear about one of them.

Do you know what Matthews had for breakfast this morning? Wait , gonna check TSN or SN, brb!

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013

True, but the Leafs have a fan base of 12 million in their local area. Winnipeg has 7ook. Who do you think the news media are going to spend more time with? Theirs is a news business and they cater to the larger group. It's always going to be that way.

It's just like the New York Yankees and Minnesota Twins in MLB news, same thing happens there.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
If the Leafs can keep the big 3 and Morgan Reilly, that'll be a huge deal for them. They could legit compete for the cup with some shrewd deadline deals.

Meanwhile, Bergevin's still looking for a 50 point center.

Reactions: PaulD

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Oh, and anyone saw the Joe Thornton piece on his friend Steve Barber, who has ALS ? Hit me right in the feels. He's a great guy, like Subban was when he was here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad