Out of Town Thread: Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Is their a “how to legally watch the habs” thread? I can’t cast Helix tv without chromecast (no air play), and the smallest videotron package that includes either tsn+Sportsnet or Rds+tva sports takes my monthly from 65$+tx to 133$+tx !!! Right now I subscribed to tva sport and rds apps, but they suck and seem stuck at 1080p (I have a 65 inch LG C1…) For 20$ each… And the rds app cant even cast in background.

My understanding is nhl network would not show habs games in Montreal ? How the heck do Montrealers watch the habs these days? 4k hdr is not unusual…

(have not had cable for years, we only have 400mb/s internet)
I don’t have Helix. I use regular Videotron. Besides, Helix is a band name, not a cable system. Pffff.

I use the app from my phone to my other smart tv if the GF is watching some boring shit. All is fine and it’s not that expensive.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I don’t have Helix. I use regular Videotron. Besides, Helix is a band name, not a cable system. Pffff.

I use the app from my phone to my other smart tv if the GF is watching some boring shit. All is fine and it’s not that expensive.
Oh man you just took me back. You’re describing what I was hoping as a service but somehow it would run me another 70$ a month extra to watch the habs… not the end of the world but I don’t feel they’re worth it ;)

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
TB traded for Philippe Myers' buyout friendly contract, decided not to buy him out, extended him 1 year, then waived him. 4D chess or is TB making as many questionable decisions as most orgs lately?
I wonder if they regret waiving Myers now that Cole is never gonna play in the NHL ever again.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Players probably already know. They protect their own.

Hockey has always had a really toxic culture. They just hid it well. With social media, they can't control the dialogue anymore.

In the past, if reporters reported on this stuff they lost privileges, or they just didn't want to bother raising the issues.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Players probably already know. They protect their own.

Hockey has always had a really toxic culture. They just hid it well. With social media, they can't control the dialogue anymore.

In the past, if reporters reported on this stuff they lost privileges, or they just didn't want to bother raising the issues.

Corporate world is the toxic culture to be honest, not just hockey.
Protect the image, protect the brand.....at all cost.

But it's become harder for them to do it these days.....but they will still try.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Gord Miller said a while back Dave Dryden was his substitute reacher @ high school while he was playing for Oilers
The Drydens are all men of high integrity.

Their father upon arriving in Canada, had a heartwrenching story. He just hopped on a train as far as it would take him and got off in a random town somewhere.

And then, went door to door asking for work and a place to stay, until someone obliged.

He faced a lot of adversity as many times, he could not find a place to sleep. He never forgot what it was like not to be able to count on your own bed. So later in life, he made that a vocation and started a non-profit to help out people in need who did not have a bed and provided beds free of charge.

You can tell where Ken and Dave got their example. Both of them humble, intelligent, well read and caring.

These are the kind of people that inspire me, that push me to do better. We're so lucky to have Ken among us, he's been such a voice for change and always sees the good in people. All of them, kind souls. We need more people like them who give of themselves to make a difference for the better, in the lives of others, and who never forgot where they came from.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad