Out of Town Thread: Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
During the most recent draft, Pierre McGuire kept repeating that 240 goals is the target for a team trying to make the playoffs. Interesting 'rule of thumb' that is, I don't think this Habs team can get close to that even putting aise the 240+ goals we'll shovel out of the net.

I plan to look at the numbers for all teams once rosters are set, here's an idea of the division based on players left in camp:

NHL goals scored last season based on current camp rosters:

Fla 333
Tbl 297
Tor 293
Det 281
Ott 250
Bos 240
Buf 217
Mtl 202

Just gives an idea where teams are at this point and who knows what impact rookies will have. Wings added some offence, who knows where the Bruins will end up with their injuries. Habs? I dunno.

Add: when I did run the numbers for all teams awhile ago, this was the strongest offensive division.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I plan to look at the numbers for all teams once rosters are set, here's an idea of the division based on players left in camp:

NHL goals scored last season based on current camp rosters:

Fla 333
Tbl 297
Tor 293
Det 281
Ott 250
Bos 240
Buf 217
Mtl 202

Just gives an idea where teams are at this point and who knows what impact rookies will have. Wings added some offence, who knows where the Bruins will end up with their injuries. Habs? I dunno.

Add: when I did run the numbers for all teams awhile ago, this was the strongest offensive division.
Thanks for cranking out the numbers for us, I was about to do the same thing.

Short conclusion: this is going to a loooooong and painful season.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Thanks for cranking out the numbers for us, I was about to do the same thing.

Short conclusion: this is going to a loooooong and painful season.
Sure looking that way, especially with the strength of the division. By my numbers scoring was up last season (from 5.78 goals per game to 6.21 or 564 goals), interested too to see if that's a trend or was an anomaly.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Wow...well Flames GM is GM of the year.
Funny thing is outside like fantasy hockey nobody ever heard of Weegar before 1 or 2 years ago. I have Huberdeau in all my pools and took him without hesitation but let me tell you, everyone else actively avoided him. There is not that much confidence in Calgary's experimental Xbox team.

What is wrong with people? Especially those wearing an oversized Walmart version of a Fig jersey, shorts and white sports socks:

I wonder if this guy owns an oversized Leafs mannequin in his basement.

Ua7iZpC.jpg

Man straight up f*** this little bitchass.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Funny thing is outside like fantasy hockey nobody ever heard of Weegar before 1 or 2 years ago. I have Huberdeau in all my pools and took him without hesitation but let me tell you, everyone else actively avoided him. There is not that much confidence in Calgary's experimental Xbox team.

Man straight up f*** this little bitchass.
internet sleuths are gonna find out who this loser is in about 30 minutes. was it worth it buddy?

Reactions: Runner77

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
For those interested, Wright made the team mostly because they didnt want to send him back to Kingston. He was decent in the 2 games I watched, but nothing to write much about. Will start the season as their 4th line center with 2nd PP wave minutes.
I hope there is no stat watch here. Watched that drive Doug Wickenheiser out of town the last time they had the #1. What Wright does means nothing to the Habs now.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I hope there is no stat watch here. Watched that drive Doug Wickenheiser out of town the last time they had the #1. What Wright does means nothing to the Habs now.
Indeed, but he shouldnt do much anyway, that was the point.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
During the most recent draft, Pierre McGuire kept repeating that 240 goals is the target for a team trying to make the playoffs. Interesting 'rule of thumb' that is, I don't think this Habs team can get close to that even putting aise the 240+ goals we'll shovel out of the net.

You can always bet on Canadian institutions to have done a ton of crimes but in the most boring, low-key, underwhelming manner possible. We'll soon see they paid for economy -> premium economy upgrades and took it out of the hockey development fund, or they paid 4x extra for catering so they get top-quality maple syrup, things of that nature.

Alan Eagleson proved that theory wrong. He stole from clients & from hockey organizations.

I love the game of hockey, but it's still an 'old boys' club especially Hockey Canada.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
For those interested, Wright made the team mostly because they didnt want to send him back to Kingston. He was decent in the 2 games I watched, but nothing to write much about. Will start the season as their 4th line center with 2nd PP wave minutes.

Yeah, I wouldn't send him back to Kingston too. I repeatedly said that prior to draft. Coach is awful. System is awful. Only way he goes back to OHL was if he got traded to a better organization like Windsor.

He's a tweener. OHL hockey doesn't challenge him enough.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
One of them. The Blue Jackets have tried Kent Johnson between Gaudreau and Laine. The Wild have tried Rossi between Kaprizov and Zuccarello. Those are two much more favourable situations for rookies.
I can't imagine those sticking for a full year but maybe!

Reactions: le_sean
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad