HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2023-2024 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
Leafs fans are pissed because Tavares scored instead of getting it into Matthews. Lol
I think their fans are collectively missing the forest from the trees. Matthews scoring 70 goals is actually going to just help him next contract. It does not necessarily help them get closer to the cup if he does nothing in the playoffs.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Not me. I can't stand the Leafs in a level much higher than I ever hated the Bruins, because of their fans, because of what they think they represent (Canada's team, eh). I hated the Bruins as a a big rivals, yes, but I also respected them (well, except that Rat. And, yeah Lucic...). So I'm rooting for them against the Leafs. I'm pretty sure the Bruins are in for revenge after their first round exit last year.

I won’t judge. I dislike the Leafs much for the reasons you’ve mentioned.

I guess because my teenage years were the 80’s, I grew up during the era of the bench brawls, the playing each other 8 times a year in the Adams division and a time the Habs and Bruins were good the same time. Leafs were always irrelevant to me so my hate for Boston runs deep.

Also, while I watched hockey in the 70’s, I don’t remember much but my dad obviously did and he taught me right lol. “Son, F*** the Bruins!”

This series is lose lose for me but while I won’t be cheering for a Leafs win, I definitely don’t want a Bruins win.

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
He also did it when scoring was much lower. Only two players had a 100 points that year: Ovechkin and Malkin. Three players had at least 50 goals that year: Ovechkin, Kovalchuk and Iginla
Yep, in the 08-09 season there were only 10 players with over 40 goals and only 4 players with 45+ goals. This season we have 17 players with 40+ goals and 9 with 45 + goals.

The fact Ovechkin and Crosby (11th in scoring) are still keeping up with big boys is great but man would it have been great to see them both in their primes with this amount of league scoring. I have no doubt Ovechkin would get to 75 maybe even 80 goals and Crosby 160+ points.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Ovechkin’s 65 goals plus Art Ross >>>>>>
Matthews is a great scorer, there is no doubt. He just isn't a guy who steps it up when he needs to.

He scored 69 goals last year and only had 8 game winners. On a team that won 46 games!

Cole Caufield scored 28 goals (literally 41 fewer goals) and managed 7 game winners, on a team with just 30 wins.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Who goes into the playoffs with Samsonov, Woll, Pickard, Skinner… WTF do they think will happen???

Reactions: Rozz

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
He had NO THOUGHTS about his next contract. Zero. Never crossed his mind. He was never in any way in contact with his agent. Nope. Just went through their glorious season concentrated on results and taking the team to the next step.
Chychrun is a chump and extremely overrated...imo :)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
On one end he did score 69 goals which is insane but man, it feels so typical that he couldn't just pot one more when the pressure was on. Another time where he folds when it matters.

Theory seems to be that they were forcing the puck to Matthews too much. If they had played normally he probably scores like usual. Team changed their play so much to get him to 70 goals, it hurt the team play.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
They said last night during the game that Nylander hadn't scored in his last 10 games which is 11 games now which was a bit surprising. After his hot start to last season he cooled off after signing his huge 8x11.5m contract extension on January 8th.

Before contract extension.
37GP: 21G + 33A = 54PTS - 120 Point pace

After contract extension.
45GP: 19G + 25A - 44PTS - 80 Point pace

Still a great season for him overall though.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
They said last night during the game that Nylander hadn't scored in his last 10 games which is 11 games now which was a bit surprising. After his hot start to last season he cooled off after signing his huge 8x11.5m contract extension on January 8th.

Before contract extension.
37GP: 21G + 33A = 54PTS - 120 Point pace

After contract extension.
45GP: 19G + 25A - 44PTS - 80 Point pace

Still a great season for him overall though.

Many such cases, that's why I like the NFL way.

It's that time of the year for NCAA rookies;

8n8f5x.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad