HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2023-2024 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Listening to 32 thoughts they talked about MacKinnon streak coming to an end, but players on the avs thought he had an assist on Devon Toews' goal, so the avs have asked the league to look into it.
I'm watching the replay there is no way in hell MacKinnon doesn't get an assist.
The broadcast team had it Rantanen from Toews and Mackinnon. The NHL changed it to an own goal?
Even if Toews gets credit for an own goal nobody on the Rangers had control of that puck.

Bizarre to say the least.

Last edited:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Wouldn't a rich kid have less incentive to work hard, knowing that whatever he did or didn't do wouldn't negatively impact his bottom line?
This isn't is an argument worth bringing up. It isn't validated with real world experience. When put in the context of a rich kid working hard to become a hockey player rather than any "normal" career, it makes even less sense.

Hyman has brothers who all played hockey and who all had the same advantages he did. But they aren't playing NHL hockey and they aren't scoring 51 goals this season. So if Berkshire's awful take had merit all the Hyman brothers would be lighting it up in the NHL right now.
No one is suggesting that an advantage means automatic success.

Last edited:

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Watching Jamie Benn win the scoring title with like 85 points a while, I would never had guessed I'd live to see a player get 100 assists in a season. McDavid is truly something else.
It's like McDavid gives himself some soft of challenge before the season starts. Last year was scoring over 60 goals and this year is to get 100 assists.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It's like McDavid gives himself some soft of challenge before the season starts. Last year was scoring over 60 goals and this year is to get 100 assists.
The 100 assists is phenomenal and a huge accomplishment but I think he’s better served shooting a lot more. He’s going to wind up with about 100 less shots than last year. That’s insane. :laugh:

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm so pissed Holland didn't do more for the roster. The Oilers are so close to being the cup favorites. Just needed more depth and goaltending. They can still go all the way, but they needed a Julien Brisebois to sell the farm and get all the missing pieces.
They didn't have the cap space to fiddle much with the roster. All in all they did okay. They picked up Corey Perry from the reject pile and he's been great on a line with Kane and McLeod. Adam Henrique provides them with good forward depth also. He can score and kill penalties.

Troy Stetcher wasn't a great add. I wish they had offered us something for Savard.

As for goal, it's Skinner's net and if he's getting yanked in the middle of a playoff game the Oilers are probably losing that game anyway. As it is though, Pickard has been solid and his numbers bear this out.

No team is without flaws. But given the small amount of money the Oilers had to spend I think they did about as well as could be expected.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'm so pissed Holland didn't do more for the roster. The Oilers are so close to being the cup favorites. Just needed more depth and goaltending. They can still go all the way, but they needed a Julien Brisebois to sell the farm and get all the missing pieces.

I have no faith in Skinner whatsoever. However, they killed themselves with the Campbell contract. What a stupid f***ing signing that was. Did no one in Edmonton actually watch that guy play?

They need a better #1, but there isn't a lot out there. No way in hell is Calgary going to send them Markstrom. Nashville doesn't seem interested in trading Saros.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Yeah, kinda like when one of Sid's teammate told him he wasn't all that good of a goalscorer so he went on to win the Richard the next year :laugh:

Those guys are actually built different.

Reactions: Redux91

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I hated Sly as a coach but I did have to do a double take when I saw he was assistant coach for the Panthers. Good for him I guess. Their D has been great.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I have no faith in Skinner whatsoever. However, they killed themselves with the Campbell contract. What a stupid f***ing signing that was. Did no one in Edmonton actually watch that guy play?

They need a better #1, but there isn't a lot out there. No way in hell is Calgary going to send them Markstrom. Nashville doesn't seem interested in trading Saros.

That signing made no sense. And for five years ? I wish they would have gone with another GM than Holland.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

McDavid told them to sign Soupy. Said he was good goalie with Toronto porous defense. Should be good in Edmonton. He wasn't

• Haha
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016

Monty for Drai maybe, one can always dream

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
IMG_4347.jpeg

Leto

Feb 16, 2023

Brutal for Fantilli, he was starting to get going before his injury. Carlsson also sustained multiple injuries this year (MCL, concussion, right knee).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad