League News: Out of Town Scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Thanks for the heads-up. I was just lamenting that nothing is on tonight.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
You could have said the same for Johansson...nowhere to go but up, right? And you would have been wrong.

Johansson is without a doubt a physically stronger player than the guy who first showed up in DC. That is all I was saying, that after his first season as a pro Eakin was definitely going to get stronger in the off season.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@CanadiensMTL: Michel Therrien confirmed Rene Bourque has a concussion.

Heh.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
Wait, I thought Chicago mortgaged the future to win a cup.
I don't know if anyone said that. It's not like they sold off all their young prospects and picks to build up their collection of talent. They took advantage of the ELCs/RFA deals of some of their good players and let it ride. Sure, they ended up having to deal some of those guys, but they traded them for reasonable returns (except maybe the Campbell deal).

Mortgaging the future would have been something akin to the rumored Pronger deal. Multiple blue chip prospects and high picks for a guy in his mid-30s and only 1 year left on his deal.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I'm pretty sure around here regular season accomplishments don't mean squat. Call us when they have another 'deep' playoff run... :sarcasm:

George has his blueprint in place to win a cup. One year it will be our turn, and we will be crowned America's Hockey Team proper.

We have waited 40 years, what's another 40.

Chicago fans must feel so dirty.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I don't know if anyone said that. ....

I may well be mistaken but I thought I saw some here implying that....

Maybe that they "bought" a cup, or maybe risked cap hell to have a good chance in a one year push.

They don't know what Cap hell is ;)

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
I may well be mistaken but I thought I saw some here implying that....

Maybe that they "bought" a cup, or maybe risked cap hell to have a good chance in a one year push.

They don't know what Cap hell is ;)
The cap hell issue I think is what people made the most noise about, although it doesn't appear to have cost them anything long-term. The Hossa retirement deal doesn't hurt and they don't have any obviously terrible deals.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
They had to shed some key pieces (Byfuglien and Ladd especially) but they've drafted well and manage to get Leddy from Minnesota at gunpoint so that seriously helped them weather the storm.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Where's the Caps fans bashing these other GMs for dumpster diving for former players.

Who am I kidding, people here will praise it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad