Out Of Town Scoreboard III Playoffs,Discussion,Schedule,Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This series might go on longer than it really should.

I am really quick to not give the Craps any credit, and even I thought they'd blow the Leafs out of the building in one of these first two games.

Leave it to the Capitals to drag a series out. They played one more game than they really should have in the Islanders series 2 years ago. they played about 2 or 3 more games than they should have against the Rangers, and then they wound up losing the series after being up 3 games to 1. They played at least one more against the Flyers than they should have when they were up 3 games to 0 last year and they barely even won game 6.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hawks already down 3-0 before the end of 2.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure Nashville did blow a 3-0 lead, if not a 4-0 lead against them in the 2015 playoffs.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The skill level in this Caps Leafs series is exceptionally high. Higher than any other series by a fair margin IMO.

Kuznetsov just has no urgency, intensity, compete level, or otherwise second gear for the playoffs. He perpetually looks like he is playing a regular season game.

This series is really looking closer than it should because Andersen is playing farther over his head than Sal did on 2012.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
The skill level in this Caps Leafs series is exceptionally high. Higher than any other series by a fair margin IMO.

Kuznetsov just has no urgency, intensity, compete level, or otherwise second gear for the playoffs. He perpetually looks like he is playing a regular season game.

This series is really looking closer than it should because Andersen is playing farther over his head than Sal did on 2012.

The Caps have an awful habit of coasting. But when they turn it on, it's fun to watch.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Caps have an awful habit of coasting. But when they turn it on, it's fun to watch.

Well can they turn it on now please?

Tired of the Leafs and their fans. Especially the dummies that think Lou is really running the show and wanna rub it in the Devils fans faces. They're like the Clubber Lang of fanbases. It's gonna be really sweet to watch them fall.

The Blackhawks haven't scored a goal in over 5 period's of play this playoffs.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I love how Doc wishes former players and coaches a happy birthday. He always mentions a former Devils player.

And some of the obscure names: Jimmy Waite and Sergei Krivokrasov

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Has James Neal done anything detestable this year? I haven't heard his name much this year

Out of all the sleazy things he's done, the worst was when he said he had to buy smaller candy bars for trick of treaters because of the lockout.

Between that and guys like Scottie Upshall posting pictures of their Caribbean beach view right after a big meeting went bad, it made it really hard for me to side with the players.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The East is Pittsburgh's to lose this year, barring a MAF disaster situation rearing it's ugly head.

I think they'll take out the Capitals again in the next round. The Capitals are doing themselves no favor with playing all this extra hockey against the Leafs. I expected more from them, but this is the story with them every year. They just can't get it done and it never seems to change.

I feel like they shouldn't be having this hard of a time with Toronto. Toronto could easily be up 2 games to 0 in this series as it is. I know good teams struggle against mediocre playoff teams all the time (see us vs Florida in 2012), but the Caps seems to underwhelm year after year. This is customary for them, not an isolated thing.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The East is Pittsburgh's to lose this year, barring a MAF disaster situation rearing it's ugly head.

I think they'll take out the Capitals again in the next round. The Capitals are doing themselves no favor with playing all this extra hockey against the Leafs. I expected more from them, but this is the story with them every year. They just can't get it done and it never seems to change.

I feel like they shouldn't be having this hard of a time with Toronto. Toronto could easily be up 2 games to 0 in this series as it is. I know good teams struggle against mediocre playoff teams all the time (see us vs Florida in 2012), but the Caps seems to underwhelm year after year. This is customary for them, not an isolated thing.

Not to mention Toronto has two top defensemen out. I love Trotz's personality but he's a bit overrated as a coach too.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That was like a wide open net

The Capitals beat themselves more often than not.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Did you just see Holtby chop off Kadri's leg?

Sure looked like it by the way the ****ing guy went down.

Disgraceful from Kadri.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He had 0 angle. He had to hope to get a bounce off of something.

Holtby is an idiot. I think he just cost them the game.

I don't even know if he got a good look at it when he shot it. A couple inches to his right and it's probably in. Maybe even went off the post.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not to mention Toronto has two top defensemen out. I love Trotz's personality but he's a bit overrated as a coach too.

I thought he did a good job with Nashville, but I have no use for any of these Capitals guys at this point. I don't wanna hear about any of them. At least the Reeve kid on the lame MSG hockey show seemed to agree with me. He was giggling at the suggestion from Anson and that former WWE dolt that this might be their year.

They're not even overrated, they're just a bunch of underachievers.

Ovechkin going for his first ever playoff OT winner.

Those last few misses were so Caps-like It's almost like the Capitals are like ''We know we can win, so we're just gonna let them hang on a while longer''.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don't even know if he got a good look at it when he shot it. A couple inches to his right and it's probably in. Maybe even went off the post.

If he was a lefty he probably would have scored. Being a righty screwed him.

Andersen is just on another level. This has all the makings of a series the goalie steals, then crashes and burns in the next round.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If he was a lefty he probably would have scored. Being a righty screwed him.

Andersen is just on another level. This has all the makings of a series the goalie steals, then crashes and burns in the next round.

A goalie stealing a series against the Capitals? I've been hearing for the entire decade. Halak still has a reputation just on his 2010 series alone.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Screw Ovechkin too.

I know he's had an underwhelming year, but I'm tired of defending him in the playoffs too.

Holtby is like the only guy on their team that I can't really fault too much for their playoff underachieving.

Now watch him let in a goal worse than the one Andersen let in last game.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad