Out of Town Scoreboard 2017-18 season III: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Sharks have been trash, just don't look ready to play tonight, but goals 2 and 3 are bad ones on Jones.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There’s just something about this Vegas expansion team doing this well. It just isn’t right.

what the ****

It should have been obvious halfway through the year they weren't your garden variety expansion team, but some still treated them as such. The NHL's getting exactly what it wanted, a new fanbase that doesn't have to wait five years for a competitive team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean part of me does want to giggle at the Sharks but Pete teams always struggled at the beginning of series during the 2012 playoff run here too, then got better as the series went on.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
The Jones sympathizing on the Sharks forum is driving me crazy.

I'm losing brain cells and might have to leave there.

I'm already reading about an imaginary phantom screen on goal 3.
That fan base is probably easy to please. Our fans killed Marty for goals like Jokinen’s that tied game 7 in 03, as well as a slew of other goals earlier on in his career that he had no chance on. It only goes to show you that they’re another franchise that has never had that great of a tender. Nabokov? He had a few nice years and a bunch of not so good years there. Arturs Itbe? Steve Shields? 13 games of Ed Belfour that nobody 70 miles out of the Bay Area even remembered 6 months later? Niemi? Martin Jones? None of these names have any sex appeal when it comes to netminding, so that fanbase is probably numb to inadequate netminding performances to go along with a bevy of postseason misery. Still think the Sharks win this series, though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
17 shots on goal for the Sharks that perod? I call BS on that one.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Dude on Sharks forum telling me Holtby wasn't at fault for this game.

Same guy who argued with me that Stalock's .885% in 15-16 was because the team played poorly in front of him, despite Jones and crappy James Reimer being far superior behind the same team. He probably thinks Cory wasn't at fault for that game back in March against them.

Some people think that goaltending is just disposable and has little bearing on the game.
Again, some fan bases just have no concept on what is and isn’t bad goaltending. They’re still a relatively new franchise, but they’ve never had a tender worth a damn. So when they see guys on their team (I.e. Jones) or guys on other teams (i.e. Holtby) letting in weak goals, they deflect any blame as if this is normal and that the team just stinks or skater x was out of position and skater y was floating, skater z was picking his nose, etc. Our fanbase had the GOAT. So when we see one of our tenders let in these goals or even the man himself when he had his rough moments and games, we know that’s not acceptable netminding. The red flags go up. We’re spoiled by having the greatest. I would bet Avalanche fans old enough to remember Roy, Habs fans old enough to remember Roy and old heads who watched a lot of their HOF tenders from earlier generations also get it. Probably Sabres fans who grew up with Hasek, too.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Again, some fan bases just have no concept on what is and isn’t bad goaltending. They’re still a relatively new franchise, but they’ve never had a tender worth a damn. So when they see guys on their team (I.e. Jones) or guys on other teams (i.e. Holtby) letting in weak goals, they deflect any blame as if this is normal and that the team just stinks or skater x was out of position and skater y was floating, skater z was picking his nose, etc. Our fanbase had the GOAT. So when we see one of our tenders let in these goals or even the man himself when he had his rough moments and games, we know that’s not acceptable netminding. The red flags go up. We’re spoiled by having the greatest. I would bet Avalanche fans old enough to remember Roy, Habs fans old enough to remember Roy and old heads who watched a lot of their HOF tenders from earlier generations also get it. Probably Sabres fans who grew up with Hasek, too.
I definitely think certain fan bases that had appreciable netminders have a better grasp on goalie play.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Total no-show by the Sharks.

And once again, goals 2 and 3 were weak ass goals on Jones.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It should have been obvious halfway through the year they weren't your garden variety expansion team, but some still treated them as such. The NHL's getting exactly what it wanted, a new fanbase that doesn't have to wait five years for a competitive team.

Oilers and Sabres fans must be on suicide watch seeing this when they've been dogshit for years.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oilers and Sabres fans must be on suicide watch seeing this when they've been dog**** for years.
Arizona too, their desert neighbor to the southeast. They've been a joke for years and look what the expansion team is doing. And they don't even have a top 5 GM like Arizona does, so at least Arizona has something.

Camille the Eel

That’s the way to start a series. I am
impressed by how Vegas kept their focus even after they had the game well put away. Because even after you have the game won you can still shake the other clubs confidence, still beat them up, prevent them from getting anything going.

Fleury is dialed in. More than I have ever seen him.

Impressive thing about Vegas is how they are both fast and big. Nobody on the club who isn’t the modern NHL specimen of size, athleticism, strength and speed. No place here for a Zajac or a Butcher. A Patrick Maroon. You’ve got to have both size and speed on that club.

It will be very interesting to see how San Jose responds from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad