Out of Town Scoreboard 2017-18 season III: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm 10/14 and my numbers say Vegas, but 3 of the 4 I missed are Washington, so they could beat the numbers again.

Kempny taking a lot of minutes away from Orpik have completely evaporated their regular season analytics.

I think it could go either way. Both of them seem like the team of destiny.
In most years I go 12/16. In 2015, I think I went 15/16. The only series I got wrong was picking Anaheim to lose to Winnipeg in the first round.:laugh:

I've picked the Capitals to lose every round, I've picked Vegas to lose every round. I did pick Winnipeg to beat Nashville, I did have Tampa over Boston. I think I went 4/8 in the first round.

I thought Sbisa and Reeves would kill Vegas since they've been in, but it hasn't hurt them too much. I was surprised to see Vegas has a 9.1% shooting percentage this playoffs. It feels like it's a lot more, but they did hardly score any goals on LA in the first round, so it's probably been higher the last two rounds.

Tampa has too many anchors, which I didn't realize earlier on. I think McDonagh is probably not nearly as bad as how he's been this playoffs. I don't know what happened to Stralman?

Reactions: Machinehead

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought Nashville and Winnipeg were the two best teams in the league. Then Nashville lost to Winnipeg and Winnipeg got donkey punched by Vegas. So I'm done. My prediction is that both teams will have fun.
I'm just glad I don't bet money on this stuff.

I have a friend who bets money on football and stuff, but he won't bet hockey, because he actually likes hockey and he says his bets don't work on hockey. He doesn't look football or other sports, but he'll bet them, and that's why he says he wins when he bets them.

Reactions: Blackjack

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I'm just glad I don't bet money on this stuff.

I have a friend who bets money on football and stuff, but he won't bet hockey, because he actually likes hockey and he says his bets don't work on hockey. He doesn't look football or other sports, but he'll bet them, and that's why he says he wins when he bets them.

I've heard that good sports betters don't get drawn into the story lines. And look who's played in the conference finals, three division champs and a team that had 114 points. The hockey fans thought Pittsburgh and Boston would make more noise.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
In most years I go 12/16. In 2015, I think I went 15/16. The only series I got wrong was picking Anaheim to lose to Winnipeg in the first round.:laugh:

I've picked the Capitals to lose every round, I've picked Vegas to lose every round. I did pick Winnipeg to beat Nashville, I did have Tampa over Boston. I think I went 4/8 in the first round.

I thought Sbisa and Reeves would kill Vegas since they've been in, but it hasn't hurt them too much. I was surprised to see Vegas has a 9.1% shooting percentage this playoffs. It feels like it's a lot more, but they did hardly score any goals on LA in the first round, so it's probably been higher the last two rounds.

Tampa has too many anchors, which I didn't realize earlier on. I think McDonagh is probably not nearly as bad as how he's been this playoffs. I don't know what happened to Stralman?

Yeah Girardi has been Girardi and McDonagh is known to be Bobby Orr or Colton Orr with no middle ground. Stralman is the weird one.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've heard that good sports betters don't get drawn into the story lines. And look who's played in the conference finals, three division champs and a team that had 114 points. The hockey fans thought Pittsburgh and Boston would make more noise.
I figured Pittsburgh would just get by the Caps, then die out this round. They were due to lose. They looked like they were running out of gas and Murray was just really suspect this year.

I figured Boston would beat Toronto, I don't think many thought Boston was gonna lose to Toronto in that series, but I figured Tampa would get them.

Reactions: Blackjack

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Considering the teams, this cup final is a surprise.

But paying attention to how both Washington and Vegas have played and forgetting the logo on the front...it's not really surprising. Both teams did the hard things better: checking, tape to tape, giving teammates a sensible outlet. If this was a blank EA Sports simulation with no faces or names attached to the players, it'd be obvious who's paying more attention to detail.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Caps are almost a bigger surprise than Vegas....especially after being down 0-2 at home in the first round and basically one bounce from virtual elimination in Game 3. Then again Carolina pulled the same trick in 2006 against the Habs and rolled from there.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Man how did Tampa screw this up? Up 3-2 with home ice. You need to close this series out.
They were lucky to be up 3-2. Wash has been the better team for most of the series. Tampa has been coasting on just their talent and skill this entire playoffs. Not an ounce of intensity or strong work ethic.

Plus I feel like Wash playing Vegas was meant to be once both teams made the conference finals.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah Girardi has been Girardi and McDonagh is known to be Bobby Orr or Colton Orr with no middle ground. Stralman is the weird one.
They really should be playing Sergachev more. I'm not sure why.

As you know, I'm not a fan of John Hynes, but at least he played Butcher quite a bit more than 12 minutes per game in the playoffs.

Reactions: Machinehead

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You think Gabrielle Union really eats at McDonald's? I know every celebrity has guilty pleasure places they look to eat, but McDonald's doesn't even taste that good.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Vegas is winning the cup. They are a better team than Washington (or Tampa for that matter). Sucks for Ovi but to me Vegas is just head and shoulders better.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This game has been boring as ****
It's been kind of whatever. Which is why I'm more excited by the Gabrielle Union commercial for McDonald's.

I'm glad it's not going to OT, as I wanna go for my walk after this game ends and that usually takes an hour.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Vegas is winning the cup. They are a better team than Washington (or Tampa for that matter). Sucks for Ovi but to me Vegas is just head and shoulders better.

Eh I'm not too sure about that...I do probably think Vegas is better talentwise but this Caps team just beat the Pens and Lightning back-to-back after coming from 0-2 down in the first round, hard to bet against them either.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I agree with you.

The only thing I will say is that Holtby is probably the best goalie that they've seen since the first round. Martin Jones is as ordinary as the surname itself and Hellebuyck really looked like trash in game 2-4 of the last series. Outside of games 1 and 5, he really broke down.

Even if Fleury just has an average series, I think Vegas probably wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad