Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa @ Toronto - Home Opener - 7PM (EST) - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
David Alter @DavidAlter590
Confirmed. Mark Fraser on LTIR. Out 10games /24 days.

absolutely golden opportunity for Rielly, and for a 6-man unit with 0 "defensive dmen" plugs on it to show it can work well.

and the fact that Devane is practicing with the team instead of a dman like holzer or macwilliam shows us that Carlyle is more than happy to see what this 6man unit can do.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Confirmed. Mark Fraser on LTIR. Out 10games /24 days.

absolutely golden opportunity for Rielly, and for a 6-man unit with 0 "defensive dmen" plugs on it to show it can work well.

and the fact that Devane is practicing with the team instead of a dman like holzer or macwilliam shows us that Carlyle is more than happy to see what this 6man unit can do.

Nice. I hope Devane gets a good game. I wouldn't mind Bodie sitting.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Bernier was flawless in his debut, but Reimer has owned the Sens. Gotta go with the percentages.

Asif16*

Nice. I hope Devane gets a good game. I wouldn't mind Bodie sitting.

Umm no. Bodie has been playing really well. If Devane plays, its gonna be ashton who sits. The lineup looking like:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Raymond-Bolland-Bodie
Devane-Mcclement-Orr

Phaneuf-Gunnar
Ranger-Franson
Reilly-Gardiner

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Umm no. Bodie has been playing really well. If Devane plays, its gonna be ashton who sits. The lineup looking like:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Raymond-Bolland-Bodie
Devane-Mcclement-Orr

Phaneuf-Gunnar
Ranger-Franson
Reilly-Gardiner

Really well is a stretch but agreed he has been better than Ashton.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
I'd say really well. For the limited ice time he gets I noticed him a lot more than Ashton or Orr. Bodie has been skating very well! Keep it up buddy!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Carlyle on starter for tomorrow, wouldn't say who it is but "made that decision long ago"

I'd guess that means Reimer, but maybe not.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Raymond-Bolland-Bodie
Devane-Mcclement-Orr

Phaneuf-Gunnar
Ranger-Franson
Reilly-Gardiner

Devane and Orr on a line? That is scary!!

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Bodie has been our best role player after McClemment. He has done his job really well.

Agreed, Bodie has been impressive as a 4th liner playing on the 3rd line. Ashton- I like his toughness out there, but he's been meh. I liked Devane's play in preseason, I'd like for him to get a shot in lieu of Ashton.

The only bonus for Fraser being out (which I believe will hurt more than many think because he's been a rock for us) is Rielly should see lots of time, probably with Ranger.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Looks like Rielly and Gardiner will be our third pairing tmw.

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 22m
Early indication at practice is Gardiner-Rielly may be a new pair; Gunnarsson-Phaneuf; Ranger-Franson also skating together in 1st drill

Woah, just saw this. I don't like that at all. Gardiner and Rielly are too similar, and Franson/Ranger is rather slow and may be prone to getting brutalized on the rush. Why put two kids together?

Asif16*

Fraser, Mclaren and Clarkson all missing.

Orr cant do everything by himself. It was only right we call up devane

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Woah, just saw this. I don't like that at all. Gardiner and Rielly are too similar, and Franson/Ranger is rather slow and may be prone to getting brutalized on the rush. Why put two kids together?

Carlyle will get last change, so he can protect them.

Rielly looked more like the stay at home defender, picking his spots more conservatively than Gardiner.

He could have the top 4 set, and needed to have a 3rd. pair for drills, which doesn't mean anything once the real game starts.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto

They were are most stable pairing last year. Why are you pulling sh** out of your a**?

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Carlyle on starter for tomorrow, wouldn't say who it is but "made that decision long ago"

I'd guess that means Reimer, but maybe not.

That means Reimer but that isn't a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad