Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa @ Toronto - Home Opener - 7PM (EST) - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
will be watching this game. I don't really care who starts. Both did really well in their 1st games.
Hoping kadri can start creating more. Looks like he is playing good defensive hockey but the offense needs to come out now.

Guys question
If rielly doesn't get at least a point in the first game, is he a bust? :sarcasm:

GO LEAFS GO. 3 and 0 hopefully

Kadri played just 12minutes versus Philly. Hard to create scoring opportunities when you play for that little.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He played that little because he wasn't having a good game, and because all of the penalties.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Burn the boats. Good to know were not the only team to start the season on the road with back to back barn openers.

Mr Scarface*

They might be a bit softer but they make it up with their skill and defensive rushes that creates offense. We shouldn't underestimate them what so ever. The thing I've noticed with Senators are that if their goalie have a weak goal against then they just become extremely negative at times...their defense tries to pick up by boxing the opponent out to let their goalies recover.

Their band of brother mentality helps them come back against stronger opponents at time. So we gotta fight and fight back hard.
They got skill and some fine speed I have noticed it too. We are not underestimating them at all, that comes from carlyle also but from our team certainly as well. Good pick ups on the sens play btw.

My thinking is still that they have always built the whole team in a different manor. We have always been the harder team who dominates the mental game superiorly. Just like we did in all those past playoff runs against them. Ottawa senators will never be able to beat us in the playoffs. It's the whole philosofy in how be approach things and build things. We are the harder team and that prevails almost everytime in life.

Mr Scarface*

The amount of HFHate that would come if we injured Karlsson :laugh:

Like we already have seen we are dropping players in this 82 game run. The Leafs are quickly dropping all those division rivals and their players out like we all have proven. In this long 82 game run it's important and carlyle I'm sure has mad his point. Weaken the opposite teams early on makes their journeys even tougher. Loving the fact we have the hardest team in the world now again.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Joe Bowen ‏@BonsieTweets 2m

Can we get off the "goalie controversy" it's a goalie "Luxury" to have 2 like Reimer and Bernier #TMLtalk

When you have a high paid vet being pushed out by a young up and comer that is a goalie controversy.

2 young guys fighting for the number 1 spot is something else.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...tart_no_predictor_of_stanley_cup_success.html

This has to be one of the worst and most pointless articles I've ever read in the Toronto Star. It's absolutely hilarious how low the Toronto media will go to be critical of the Leafs and the fans in general.

Great insight Mr. Curtis Rush!

The Toronto Maple Leafs — and their fans — are riding high heading into their home opener Saturday night against the Ottawa Senators.

The Leafs have won their first two games, in Philadelphia and Montreal, but projecting how they will finish is a fool’s game.

If the past is any indication, this good start is hardly a good predictor of Stanley Cup success.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Gotta think Reimer gets the start.

I dunno, I kinda want to see stability and think there's something to be said about letting goalies have a run of games to establish consistency. I'm thinking we won't be seeing that at all this year unless there's an injury.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
He played that little because he wasn't having a good game, and because all of the penalties.
That dudes just the biggest homer for Kadri.
http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...tart_no_predictor_of_stanley_cup_success.html

This has to be one of the worst and most pointless articles I've ever read in the Toronto Star. It's absolutely hilarious how low the Toronto media will go to be critical of the Leafs and the fans in general.

But were in first right now, doesn't that mean we win the cup?

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Gonna be a tough one. The Sens are so well coached, hard forecheckers, big, fast. Leafs really need to clean their play up if they want to come away with the W.

I really wish Clarkson was back in. Him and Neil are going to kill each other for years to come. Should be fun to watch.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

I hate the media in our city. Not one of them is capable of writing a good article...all of them are just filling quotas and then you have one guy that just constantly spews about advanced stats.

What does that article suggest we do? Start 3-2-5 so we can win the Cup again.

If it's this bad after we are 2-0...just imagine if we started 0-2. Every move would be considered bad, goalie controversy, Kessel was extended too early, Leafs should think of trading Phaneuf etc etc.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
Spezza and Ryan will be hard to stop this year. Should be a good game! I really hope to see Gardiner starting to play smarter.

U guys think, with Dreger mentioning that Anaheim is calling around, they would like to get Gardiner back?

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
riemer vs Ottawa

bernier vs colorado

back to back till one loses, than the other takes the next one, till he loses

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto

It's shocking how these people get paid to write this stuff.

I feel like the editor could just make an account here, start a thread, get people to submit articles... we vote on the best one... and he puts the winning article in the paper. I'm sure there are lots of people who post here who would write a better article for free, just because it would be cool to have your article in the paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad