Ottawa Sun "You Be The Boss Survey"

Heady Topper

Apr 11, 2018
61% would buy more (or some) tickets if Melnyk sold. So he's, as everyone but him know already, the cause for low attendance. Of course he'll blame everything else but him cause losers look to blame

Heady Topper

Apr 11, 2018
Only surprising answer to me was for 13 where local fans seemingly value Tkachuk the most after Dahlin, I assume most know nothing about either player beyond recognizing the former's name because of his father.

I thought the same thing.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Only surprising answer to me was for 13 where local fans seemingly value Tkachuk the most after Dahlin, I assume most know nothing about either player beyond recognizing the former's name because of his father.

That's the casual fanbase talking.

The same casual fanbase that some people want to stupidly ignore. The same fanbase that some "superfans" forget exists, or assume don't ever buy tickets anyways, so why waste money on good / effective / competent marketing?

This is the part of the fanbase that we are hemmhoraging. These are the fans who stopped showing up to games.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Biggest surprise of the whole poll was that only roughly 5000 people answered. Seems very underwhelming, no?

Sensung's fingers must be really tired...
iu

(it's a joke, lighten up)

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
That's the casual fanbase talking.

The same casual fanbase that some people want to stupidly ignore. The same fanbase that some "superfans" forget exists, or assume don't ever buy tickets anyways, so why waste money on good / effective / competent marketing?

This is the part of the fanbase that we are hemmhoraging. These are the fans who stopped showing up to games.

I just found it odd as the rest of the responses were pretty in line with the thinking on this site, save for that response imo

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Sensung's fingers must be really tired...
iu

(it's a joke, lighten up)

I thought this was funny. Well done, sir! I encourage more light humour on this board!

Sorry Sensung, but you know that I still love you!

edit. I assumed the sir part. If you're not a sir, please do not be offended.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
@mysens @TNUOC ALUCARD @Ice-Tray @Variable26

Your most common narrative [unsurprisingly] proven wrong (with a link to source providing proof even Count.)

Do we have a proof that the votes are accurate?

Was there a miscommunication in delivering the results?

I need a signed confirmation of those things by Eugene Melnyk otherwise I dont believe it

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
5000 + votes over 4 days on a newspaper most people ignore?

Yeah thats a good local response.

It's way more people than contributed to #MelnykOut.

But all of this is all a minority of fake fans of course. After all, we have no proof they are even real, or if they were people paid by Melnyk Out to vote. Probably Russian bots.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
@mysens @TNUOC ALUCARD @Ice-Tray @Variable26

Your most common narrative [unsurprisingly] proven wrong (with a link to source providing proof even Count.)

I see that you've taken the time to include me in what I can only assume was some form of intended insult. Perhaps you could give just a little more of your valuable time and fill me in on what my "most common narrative" is?

I'd like to get in on the gag as well :)

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
An easy way for EM to regain trust ,and actually get people to believe what he is saying about how little money he makes from the team and its hockey related revenue...Is to open the books ........LOL cant see that happening but its out there

Heady Topper

Apr 11, 2018
I see that you've taken the time to include me in what I can only assume was some form of intended insult. Perhaps you could give just a little more of your valuable time and fill me in on what my "most common narrative" is?

I'd like to get in on the gag as well :)

I haven't been back for long and haven't noticed you posting anything over the top, but I think he's pointing out that Melnyk apologists have been proven wrong time and time again and make it a point to ignore the facts. I mean, it's pretty evident and is clearly done on purpose because it gets a reaction out of some posters, but nonetheless, takes away any credibility said apologists might've had left. Nonetheless, making excuses for Melnyk is counterproductive at this point and anyone doing so are really the ones wasting their time.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Of all of the things that won't ever happen, this is the one that won't happen the most.
Nope ,which is why EM needs to STFU about how little he makes,and stop using it as an excuse as to why he always cheaps out on the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad